jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in "The Secret".

1. manofmystery24 profile image84
    manofmystery24posted 3 years ago

Do you believe in the Law of Attraction?

1. bat115 profile image74
      bat115posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not sure. What do you think of it?

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

No. It's a silly idea.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

No, it's utter rubbish.

The genuine version is a different story.   The authors of The Secret changed it, because they knew a "lazy" version would appeal to the public and sell millions of books.

The genuine version works, because it goes:

"Conceive - Believe - Achieve - Receive"

The Secret misses out that vital word "Achieve", suggesting that if you want something, all you have to do is sit around believing, and it will come.  If it doesn't come, you didn't believe hard enough.  Tosh.  You have to put in some effort, too.

4. Renee Abbott profile image85
    Renee Abbottposted 3 years ago

The Secret or the Law of attraction as presented by so many to me is a sham. I have written on it at length in my hubs. People tend to forget they came here for lessons, some call it karma. Others forget that the Law of attraction attracts what is always on your mind, with one's emotions wrapped around it. I do believe what you constantly think is coming your way, and all the affirmations in the world won't help, if your mind is always finding something negative about others, the world we live in or ourselves. I do believe what you are experiencing today, resulted in your past thoughts. Life happens to us, and it was never to be a joy ride. Many experiences are part of lessons, and it is how we act or react when they come around. Many people will revert back to their old patterns.

5. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago

Tony Robbins once said "Never leave the scene of a decision without first taking a specific action towards its realization."