jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. Eng.M profile image76
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

*sufi : who commits  'Sufya n. '  way of worshiping the creator as described in old books after Ibrahm the prophet

*here are two big groups of sufies and some I don't know :
    1-old sufis right after Muhammed's death
    they just worship all the time and don't enjoy life
    2-new generations who creat new worshiping ways not mentioned by the prophet

*Muhammed (peace be upon him ) said , in a very famous hadith but I could't find a source , to the three men who told him they wanna fast for ever , avoid women and stop eating meat that   he does marry , eat eat and fast which is called 'wastya' in Islam ; the thing in the middle

God says(59. O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination. )

the question is :
    is it a sin to commit it and we have just to follow the prophet as God says above ?

I'll leave the answer to you

2. Eng.M profile image76
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

it is funny how the topic is different from what's written

3. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 7 years ago

Follow the law or make the law.

1. Eng.M profile image76
      Eng.Mposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't know

4. Eng.M profile image76
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

Sufya is derived from the arabic word Suf which means wool or fleece
    it was called this because sufies were used to wear very harsh clothes because of the asceticism they live

Sufya is opposite to Sunnah

I made a mistake by writting the topic Sunys instead of Sufies
    as they are very different

Sunys try to follow the prophet Muhammed as much as they can

another group in Islam is Shiea

they are concerend alot of the death of the prophet's grandchildren and make it a major thing in their life
    they wanted a heredity in governing muslims after the prophet
    sometimes they pray for Ali (the prophet's cousin) and his sons as they were killed with no reasons

praying for them contradicts the main goal of Islam ( which is praying to the creator only)