Pope Benedict seeks immunity against charges for crimes

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Claire Evans profile image63
    Claire Evansposted 11 years ago

The Pope has scheduled a meeting with the Italian president to request immunity from prosecution from the government.  The letter sent to the president prior to the Pope's resignation states:

An Open Letter and Appeal to Giorgio Napolitano, President of the Republic of Italy
    from Rev. Kevin D. Annett, Secretary of the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State:

"...Our understanding is that, in the wake of pressure to have him resign his office because of his proven complicity in concealing child trafficking in his church and other crimes against humanity, Joseph Ratzinger is seeking the assistance of the Italian government in securing protection and immunity from legal prosecution."

http://www.syncrenicity.com/?p=1719&preview=true

Perhaps this is why the Pope doesn't consider paedophilia as an absolute evil.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What about his crimes against fashion?

2. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Claire, don't you think this letter should be investigated to have ever even been written first. I'll wait to hear from a few real news stations before commenting. I did a fast search and found nothing from legit news stations.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But, it was published on the Internet... it must be true...

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

You must have seen the ad of the girl with the "Bonjour" boyfriend.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Yes, that did pop into my mind smile

2. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol
            yep that ad is hilarious

3. Zelkiiro profile image86
            Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mean that mediocre, unfunny commercial with unnatural scripting commenting on an outdated outlook of the internet?

You expressed something other than agitated indifference towards that mind-numbing dreck?

1. profile image0
              Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow.

Are you actually that condescending?

I hope they don't revoke your Mensa membership for being completely devoid of respect for others.

1. Zelkiiro profile image86

So, so sorry that I prefer my comedic commercials to actually be, you know, funny?

Like these, for example:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21mJh6j9i4
                Never say "No" to Panda!

1. profile image0

Ah, you actually are that condescending.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80

You expect TV commercials to have depth???

If they want me to buy their crap, then yes. Yes I do.

If Thailand can do it...
                    www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ll-bDmK3EA
                    ...why can't we?

2. Claire Evans profile image63
        Claire Evansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, okay, well I went to Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/ … ZI20130215

I also went onto the International Tribunal into crimes of church and state website:

http://itccs.org/

1. profile image0

The Reuters piece says nothing about any letter!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

And the itccs.org piece is nothing but conspiracy theory run amok.

1. profile image0

ttccs.org = international Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State

I'll wait for the cbc or bbc or nytimes to run the same story.

1. profile image0
                riddle666posted 11 years agoin reply to this

They are satanic conspirators and will never publish it!

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

LOL.

From the same author that thinks the Pope was forced out because he won't tell the world about aliens, and thinks that Frankincense cures cancer, amongst other things

1. profile image0

Hey, why not, I just saw a post in facebook that claimed 4 cups of water 45 minutes before breakfast was a cure for Cancer.

1. profile image0

hmm

1. profile image0

crap, I have to pee again!!!

1. profile image0

A small price to pay for having cured your cancer, I might think.

wink

2. Zelkiiro profile image86

Nonono man, I've got the solution: I'm fat and I eat nothing but junk food, and I don't have cancer! Clearly THAT'S the cure!

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

I'm slightly disturbed by the source of the article.  Way .... out there.

1. profile image0

As you should be. As am I.

2. Claire Evans profile image63
  4. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 years ago

I was waiting for this to start.   It's scarey how quickly fake letters become accepted as true on the internet.

1. Claire Evans profile image63

No, it was on the International Tribunal of Crimes against church and state website:

http://itccs.org/

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Hey Claire. Let's not take any chances that this isn't true, or he will be granted immunity. I've got pitchforks, you bring the torches and we'll gather the lynch mob on the plane ride over.

1. profile image0

I don't think they will let us on with the pitch forks, so lets call him over with some hand gestures.

Well, they'll give you a knife and fork on the plane, so that's kinda like having a small sword and a small pitchfork...

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you realize how demented we would appear, standing outside of the Vatican, waiving plastic tableware while chanting 'off with his head'? Do you want to be laughed at?

All the greatest movements have humble beginnings!

1. profile image0
              riddle666posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes every journey starts with a single step.wink

2. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not so sure about this, but OK. We'll have to get Claire to buy tea candles instead of torches; to keep in proportion with the weapons.

Oh. And maybe we should inhale helium before we chant. That would be fun.

6. profile image0
    riddle666posted 11 years ago

It will be good to notice that the Pope himself didn't commit any crimes and all his responsibility is vicarious liability, that came on him just because he was elected pope. His only "crime" is to protect his "church" from scandal,as the chief officer of it. He failed hence he resigned, nobody will prosecute him.
    For that matter nobody will prosecute even real war criminals if they belong to the most powerful countries or backed by them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)