ALL aboard !!!

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

What if everyone went to heaven after death no matter how badly they behaved.
    AND WE KNEW IT.     
    I wonder how differently we might behave.

1. Paraglider profile image87
      Paragliderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mass suicide.

1. profile image0
        riddle666posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nothing will change except that the religious who claim religion is the basis for morality will have to find some other reason.
        And the would be suicide bombers can relax.

2. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would guess that most folk would relax into whatever relationship with Christ they could get in their lives, and act better when they realised that they would have eternity to reflect on their actions during this soul school experience.

The mass suicides may take place, but mainly amongst disappointed fundies.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I Really didn't have an answer to this.  Like the two answers so far.

1. aguasilver profile image71

If you have children, just ask yourself if there is anything they could do that would make you disown them, and sentence them to eternal prison.

If our children turn out bad, it is normally a reflection of our bad parenting.

You as the father draw the line, where would that be, what would stop you loving a child of yours?

1. profile image0

When thinking about Adam I always knew god was a bad parent.

But the enemy was a better one?

1. profile image0

Which enemy, talking snake?
                And you said something about non loving parents, there was no mention of an outsider.

Where would you (the readers) draw the line as to when bad parenting is established?

Rebellion is, after 'Adam', born into all of us, and I have never seen a child that needed to be taught rebellion.

Turning bad is a whole different aspect.

Would you disown your child for theft, murder, rape, lying.... where would your (the readers) line be?

Adam and Eve made bad choices, we all do that, and like them we all get cut off from God, until we recognise our error and return.

Does returning to God earlier than others mean a better place in eternity?

I doubt it, rewards are given for what good we have done during our lives, not based upon seniority.

I cannot believe our Father rejects us totally for any reason, laments, suffers as we sin unrepented, weeps as He sees our troubles caused by our own rebellion, but never rejects us as His children.

Should we behave better if we all KNEW that for sure?

No, I think not, we will behave wrongly for as long as we are in rebellion, and whether someone calls themselves a believer or not, if they hold rebellion in their heart, they will do wrong things.

Getting in sync with God earlier only leaves more time to be a constructive force for good, and maybe a reward in eternity.

Staying out of relationship with God only means we are bankrupt of spiritual life and understanding.

It will be interesting to see what happens when we return home.

1. profile image0

If you have no answer, make a harangue?
                    You said if the child goes wrong it is bad parenting.
                    So regarding Adam, wasn't it bad parenting?
                    You said one won't disown a child.
                    So what did god do? After all Adam didn't kill or rape or.... but just ate a fruit that which any kid do. God made them mortal and kicked them out to their home into the harsh world just for that, very bad parenting indeed.

2. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're trying to apply human feelings and morality to a (Christian) God.  Doesn't work - the God of the old testament is far removed from anything we would call moral today.

2. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not to sound snarky, John, but I think that if true fundies ever found out that everyone was going to Heaven, they'd try to live as long as possible to avoid sharing eternity with all those they'd treated poorly over time.  It's the exclusivity factor that I think they love the most, sadly.

Afraid I agree with you.... sad

3. PlanksandNails profile image80
      PlanksandNailsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Everyone has behaved badly at some point in their lives, some more badly than others, and we know it. That would mean we already do know.

4. profile image53
      Robertr04posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dang, I could've...

5. C_MarieWeber profile image59
      C_MarieWeberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's a good one. Out of all the wars that have been waged over religion...all the hatred and slaughtering...it begs the question whether or not religion has done a good job of keeping social order. With the sickness that is in humanity, it is really hard to say if it would be good or bad.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I think it would force the religious to rethink. But, many turn to religion because they cannot control urges that are anti social and self defeating. I don't know where they would turn at that point, if they didn't believe in cosmic ramifications. It would definitely cut a giant hole into the atheist argument, if all of the religious believed that everyone goes to heaven.

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

Paragliderposted    ...   Mass suicide.  that would be true cause .. 
    - = - = -
    we would know that is where we came from and might decide to return home much sooner than we would have otherwise.
    ================
    89aguasilver posted ....    I would guess that most folk would relax into whatever relationship with Christ they could get in their lives, and act better when they realised that they would have eternity to reflect on their actions during this soul school experience.
    --==   
    for many this would be true
    ===============================

@  PlanksandNails   ...   Yes I think that deep down we do know this.   But some of us have too much fun playing Judge.
    ===================

@ Emile R   ....   You are right on the mark I think.
    =============================

@ everyone ...  Concerning bad parenting??  It there were no eternal ramifications for a childs bad behaviour?  would that  behavior necessarily need as much correction?
    ===========

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)