jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

CHOOSING OUR POPE

1. francisassissi profile image61
    francisassissiposted 3 years ago

- brilliant or God chosen pope
    - white, black, yellow or brown race pope
    - liberal or traditional pope
    - all of the above pope

1. francisassissi profile image61
      francisassissiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for sharing your views but may our faith be still in the Holy See.

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image87
    Slarty O'Brianposted 3 years ago

Let's leave it to Jesus to decide. It shouldn't be hard to summon him for such an important decision. If he can't be bothered to come to choose him himself then perhaps there shouldn't be one. Jesus might be telling us something. Or his absence might.

1. johndnathan profile image87
      johndnathanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually I think it's a large group of cardinals that decide the next pope.  Gotta pick what's good for business and all that.  I understand it's expected to be a bear market for the Catholic church, however we don't want the stock to slump too much.

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image87
        Slarty O'Brianposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So this would be the perfect time for Jesus to show up and either take over or pick his new rep. If he doesn't show up soon I'm afraid the coffers are going to dry up, short of instituting another inquisition and that won't help unless they take over the western world and make it a theocracy again.

Spain might be up for it again but France and Germany are a lost cause.

Too bad the only real stronghold the Catholic Church still has is South America. Good luck getting money from them . I guess the Church could get into the coke trade, but they have enough going on with homosexual secret societies and pedophiles, neither of which are very profitable.

Nop, the only way I see the church making a comeback and full recovery is if Jesus comes and sets us all straight himself. What a miracle that would be, eh?

You aren't holding your breath are you? You'll turn blue.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

They could've made this all very simple. On Pope Benedict's final day in office, he should've come out onto his little balcony over St. Peter's Square, with all of the Cardinals gathered in the square below. Then Pope Benedict could've thrown his hat into the crowd and whoever caught it, got to be the next Pope.

Just sayin'.

1. johndnathan profile image87
      johndnathanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's like a wedding tradition, only with much more serious repercussions.

working