Many People Attitude Towards Religious Authorities

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

There are people who strongly assert and believe that those in powerful and authoritative positions in churches whether Roman Catholic, Protestant, and/or Eastern Orthodox are godlike.    As a result of such thinking, these people blilndly adhere to what these religious authorities say.   This attitude on the part of many people oftentimes give license to some of these religious authorities to get away with committing unethical acts from money pilfering to forms of abuse.   

Many times people refuse to acknowledge when such occurrences happen in their particular church.   They adamantly deny that their minister and/or priest would do such a thing.  They believe that since the ministers, priests, and/or other religious authorities are so much more powerful than they are, they can do no wrong.   They prefer to live in their fantastical world than to assess the situation of their religion and church.   This is exactly what the ministers, priests, and other religious authorities want so they can stay in power.   

Many people seem to be blind when it comes to unethical and heinous acts in their particular religion and church.   When will people wake up and see that such ministers, priests, and other religious authorities are using their authority to take advantage of those who they deem to be "the lesser".     Religious authorities are human beings and it is time that people stop giving them inordinate power and to take their spiritual power back.    As long as people vest their spiritual power into religious authorities and give them godlike status, such abuse and misuse of power will continue ad infinitum.   Do YOU agree with this premise?

1. pennyofheaven profile image83
      pennyofheavenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Kinda similar to our government and the people who blindly accept what is put in place by the powers that be.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

I agree. But, I can name a hundred situations where people have lied, and/or turned a bind eye to behavior patterns within their group. All of them not religious groups. People protect their groups. I'm not sure helping anyone understand that their leader does not have God's ear will change much.