JUDGING BAD PERSON but A PERSON COULD CHANGE TO BE BETTER LATER

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Mark Johann profile image62
    Mark Johannposted 11 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7049675_f248.jpg
    Have you tried condemning people because of their bad deeds and found yourself also being a bad person to others. We think of revenge. But naturally, a worse person could later change into a better person in the future.

Do you wonder if why we have to kill or judge people when we believe men could change their hearts in the future?

1. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sad that killing another for their misdeeds still happens.

Mark Johannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree. All we can do is prayer for a change of heart.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Just a thought here. Yes, people can have a change of heart and attitude. But, killing someone in our criminal justice system isn't necessarily about revenge. I support the death penalty on limited grounds. The woman in Texas who killed all of her children. My heart went out to her. The young man in Aurora who shot all of those people in the theater. Both heinous acts committed by sick minds. What becomes of them when they come to grips with their actions? Can they ever find peace? What torture will remorse do to them? What is the compassionate solution?

The news was heard all over the world.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Seriously? That's your answer?

2. Mark Johann profile image62

We have hope since we fully give our faith to our Creator. Only in this manner that we can find solution.

We can only find the truth about life if we search for God. If we believe ourselves, then it would be difficult. Truth comes from God, Jesus. Try knowing His message.

2. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gladly we don't have the death penalty here. I would be vehemently opposed to such a thing. I do not propose to know how to deal with people who commit such heinous acts, all I know is that killing them makes us no better than them.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So much for your God's moral and ethical system, which does in fact include killing people for much less than any heinous crime.

We have to differentiate words, facts and faith. Words are not always fact and fact could sometimes go against faith. Faith is the best and love is the rest.

That is the antithesis of reason. If fact goes against faith, you still choose faith? That is dishonest.

I don't agree. Faith is greater than fact. Too much knowledge could blind us of our beliefs in our Creator.

Religion and science could not meet. There is no point debating.

I intended this forum for those who offered penance in Holy Week.

You and I both know that isn't even remotely true. You'd be still living in a cave based on faith. Instead, you have a computer and an internet connection, which is based on fact.

Knowledge has a tendency to expose myths and superstitions for what they are.

Hi there, again. Thank you for your views. I respect your views, then.

2. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Everything depends on the reasons. Compassion isn't always pretty. Dr. Kavorkian comes to mind.

3. psycheskinner profile image85
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

If people change, that is great.  But while they are behaving in a dangerous way I do not want them in my home or around my family.  That is just common sense.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe in forgiveness and rehabilitation, but I have thought for many years that to disarm a person of their weapon makes sense to me. If a person's crime is rape, I feel the idea still applies. Knowing this is a consequence would dissuade ppl I believe.

2. Mark Johann profile image62

I believe people change. I, myself sometimes turns into a bad person but normally good.

4. Zelkiiro profile image88
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

If you believe in forgiveness and a person's ability to change for the better, here's a wrench I can throw into your cogs: sociopaths. Sociopaths don't care, sociopaths don't want to change, and sociopaths don't see the evil in sticking a knife into a squirming, screaming bag of meat to watch it stop screaming and squirming.

In the world of skeptics, this cannot be solved but in the world of faith to the Creator, we hope and pray for his change and miracle. I stick with faith that has been with human beings since the beginning of time.

Yet, facts have shown the faith of that time to have been quite wrong in many regards. Do you not care about facts at all?

5. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

Wrestling with forgiveness. A have to admit that is a tough issue for me, always has been.

Not too long ago I read about a woman who was taking care of someone else's 2 daughters and for whatever reason the mother and her family appeared not to care for the eldest 16-year-old girl and thusly began treating this girl horribly by bathing her in scalding hot water, pushing her down the basement steps, using a burning hot needle to carve into her flesh "I am a prostitute." As well as inviting neighborhood kids over to inflict more pain on to the 16-year-old child such as burning her with cigarettes.

After the 16-year-old died the mother was sent to prison for I believe somewhere around 40 years but because she had become a model prisoner she was released in something like a little over 20 years. She had become a better person but my question is how does her becoming a better person alleviate any of the grief, horror and suffering that the 16-year-old had to in endure?

I like your story. Any similar stories around here, friends?

6. Mark Johann profile image62
    Mark Johannposted 11 years ago

We Christians rely on one man to save us from our corrupt minds because of original sin from Adam and Eve.

There are people who just believe that by doing and deciding for themselves, their personality made them successful. There is more than believing oneself.

The Catholic faith has a vast explanation and experiences from Jesus' teachings, lives of saints, miracles, etc.

We need to read more before we judge something.

1. Zelkiiro profile image88
      Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Catholic faith also believes that, when some guy in a robe says some magic words, 50 small cups of Smucker's grape juice turns into 2000-year-old blood.

Also, they elect a representative of God on Earth, which pretty much flies right in the face of the 2nd commandment.

Sorry but you have not gotten the true meaning of our religion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)