jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

In the beginning

1. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 3 years ago

sometimes we miss the point of a story behind a lot of elaboration. Quite often we become lost in the adverbs and adjectives.  I learned this while raising teenagers.  Don't get lost in their description of how and why and where and when it all happened. I just want to know WHAT Happened ???
      Lets simplify "In the Beginning"   as described in Genesis.  The earth and heavens became, and                life abounds.  …  The human species came into existence.  The sons of God came to earth, and mated with humans, this created a new species of humans.  A catastrophic event is said to have happened.
    A man and wife, and their three sons and their wife’s find themselves all alone. One of these eight people has or makes a list of their forefathers (family tree). They tell many stories about life before that tragic event.
    These are passed down through many generations, and cross borders and is told in many languages.
    No one knows when the story was first told. We can trace this story back at least 4500 years, and similar stories earlier than that.   Just because we see different versions of this story which are attributed to a different date?....   does not prove or disprove the original story.    I’ll just add that where there is smoke there is usually a fire.
      We can keep retelling a true story, adding interesting adverbs and adjectives to the point of that believeability is lost. Especially when too many people are doing it and then iothers are nterpreting that which has been added to.

1. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The point of the story lost it's believability, not because of different dated versions, but because it's based on things that have never been shown to exist or events occur. Myths are timeless.

1. Jerami profile image77
        Jeramiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What part of the story as described in the OP Is unbelievable? That the earth came into existence? or human beings came into existence?  I know; only the part about extraterrestrial beings coming down and breeding with earthlings. And I used the G word.
        Or that there was an event that left eight people feeling all alone. And they told their story?
        For what part of my story do you protest so

2. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 3 years ago

It's just that, a cute story.