jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (37 posts)

How does hell glorify God's love, mercy and forgiveness?

1. SwordofManticorE profile image74
    SwordofManticorEposted 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me how an all knowing, loving God would create a place called hell to cast most of His creation?

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Very simple, people do not want to admit to "Gods wrath" I see it over and over. I shared a hub on that exact topic.

God is not going to allow those evil doers to do just that "evil" he will take care of them in his way, he will take them down.

God knows in our hearts if we are real/genuine or a hypocrite. Everything done is done through the power of God.

God takes from those that are greedy/ungrateful and gives to those who are not.

I think God has been pretty patient 2000 years patient to be exact and no more.

We need to realize that in the hands of an angry God we are powerless.

God will give us all the pleasures of life if and only if we walk in his will.

God does not do the evil done to us, we do it to ourselves, however God gave us the tools to use and we misused them. I really believe that in that case God does anger.

I think the world is about to go into shock with what God can do.

SwordofManticorEposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So are you telling me that eternal torture is a fitting punishment for those who commit evil?

1. PhoenixV profile image79
          PhoenixVposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Would you want your children to spend eternity with Charles Manson?  Or would you rather have your Children safe from Charles Manson?

How long does Charles Manson have to pay for his crimes until he is safe to spend eternity with your children?

What is time to God? In the spiritual realm of God there is no eternity or time. Time only exists here in the physical, but to answer your question, I have to ask you this. Who are you to judge Charles Manson?

Regardless of my opinion of Manson,  can we assume  it would be okay with you to put your children in with Charles Manson for eternity, or not?

Absolutly!!! Because the truth will be revealed to Charles, and he will bow on his knees and confess that Christ is Lord just as we all will. Besides, there is another sinner who was worst than Charles, and the was professed by the apostel Paul himself. He called himself the worst of all sinners.

Well, if anyone can make something crooked, straight again, that would be God.

Now you are getting it. Think of Charles as another prodigal son.

2. Disappearinghead profile image89
        Disappearingheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wish Christians would make up their minds about how to avoid hell. On the one hand they tell us God's wrath upon evil doers sends them to hell, that is, they are judged by their deeds. On the other hand they tell us that rejecting aka not choosing Christ sends people to hell, that is, they are judged by what they believe. So which is it, actions or belief that condemns/saves us? What happens to unbelieving good people, or believing people to do bad things?

To answer the question, hell brings no glory. Unconditional forgiveness, that brings glory.

Some even go as far as to say that hell is cast in the lake of fire (LoF) which is even worse than hell according to them, some even believe that those who are cast in the LoF are annihilated. With all those thousands of denomination that believe in hell, It will not occur to them that the power of the cross is far greater than they know, or want to know.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

God created hell for the devil and his angels.   People choose to be sent there when they reject God's offer of salvation.   No one can say He doesn't warn us about hell.

God...I will create a hell for satan and his angels

Adam sinns

God...Now I have to cast most of my creation there too.

God...Why didn't I see this coming?

Why didn't Paul warn the gentiles about hell?

1. profile image0

He did.
          Romans 11: 13-24 speaks to this.
          Verse 13 specifically says Paul is speaking to the Gentiles.
          And verse 21 says "For if God spared not the natural branches (Israelites), take heed lest He also spare not thee (Gentiles)."

That is all you have about Paul preaching about hell? That has nothing to do with your doctrine of hell.

1. profile image0

Of course it does.
              And what's your problem with Paul?

I have no problem with Paul. He tells us in Acts 20:27 that he teaches us all what God wants us to know, but no where in his letters does he warn the gentiles about the fires of Gehenna, let alone a place called hell.

2. profile image0
        Rayne123posted 3 years ago in reply to this

so true

Nothing true about it.

3. PhoenixV profile image79

To provide freedom in a deterministic reality.

To provide freedom? Why not just give it unconditionally?

1 Because deterministic reality does not work that way.

2 There is no real freedom in unconditional.  Freedom must be chosen.

Why doesnt someone loan me 1000 dollars with no conditions of paying it back- negates the meaning of the word "loan"

1, sure it does, if you want it to

2, Freeom come from truth, and the truth will set you free.

3, Luke 6:35But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great,

Knowledge is finite, truth is infinite. Knowledge is something that is known. Truth is something that is witnessed or observed.

How is freedom achieved in a deterministic reality?

Through Christ!

4. kess profile image61
      kessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hell being created and God casting people into hell...
      Is a misunderstanding of God and hell, created by the un-created

Hell is the un-created

...and  Creation (God)  is glorified by knowing  how the un-created can be created.

Ok???

working