jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

There is a saying that when you have money, you can do what you want.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

The world is your OYSTER so to speak. You have the UNLIMITED freedom to pursue anything that you desire. You have OWNERSHIP and can CREATE your own environment whether it is career or anything else.  You have no foreseeable socioeconomic worries nor struggles. You are LIVING and THRIVING instead of just barely SURVIVING.  Do YOU agree or disagree with this premise?

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

I disagree. Have you ever noticed that many of the filthy rich, when put under a microscope, are simply not happy? Have you ever wondered why?

Money is great to have. You do have a level of choice that you don't have in the lower economic brackets; but wealth is apparently not on the hierarchy of emotional needs. It doesn't deepen our understanding of ourselves. I think, it inhibits it. When we have the finances to constantly find ways to entertain ourselves we miss out on the time needed for introspection. Plus, wealth breeds social parasites that can suck the life right out of you.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 3 years ago

well.....i don't need to filthy rich....but it would be nice to not have to worry about paying bills, retirement...and do what i want to do....i'm up for that....i'd travel....i don't want an extravagent lifestyle....just want to maintain and a bit more...................................................and focus on me..............

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Money gets you the things you can buy with money.  But as the cliche says: it won't buy you happiness.

In fact world-wide surveys show the highest levels of happiness exist in subsistence cultures.