jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (29 posts)

Did God really create man in his own image?

1. davidkaluge profile image72
    davidkalugeposted 3 years ago

Some said, if God really created man in his own image, then it means God looks exactly like man and he his reproductive system like man. How sure are we on the extent God and man look alike?

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Man is the visible image of an invisible GOD.
      No to see GOD you must look past the visible image f man
      and see the GOD, THE INVISIBLE.

1. 0
        Rad Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We can't see what is invisible. You can attempt to detect it, but if it's invisible to the naked eye you can't see it.

1. kess profile image60

see in this context mean understand

1. 0

We are talking about image.

1. kess profile image60

I am talking about images of the mind,
              is that too much for you?

1. 0

So you think our minds are like Gods. But he left us limited. So our minds are not like his. Yes, you are making no sense at all.

1. kess profile image60

You are endowed with a mind with which yo can do any and everything but yet...

You think that You (not me)  are left limited...

It is expected then that I would not make sense to you.
                  It requires of you to utilize the power of the mind.

1. 0

But yet, you can still not utilize the power of your mind to convince me you are correct. And you say you're mind is not limited? Using the power of your mind tell me the name of the street I lived on in 1980? Impress me with the power of your mind.

2. 0
      Deepes Mindposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It depends on how one looks at the scripture. Different people define and interpret this scripture in different ways.

3. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you have an image in your mind of something you would like to make/create and them you go ahead and make that which you have had an image of it means it looks like the thing you have an image of in your mind therefor you have made that thing in your own image.

4. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If all we have to go on is the word "image", we can assume it doesn't mean "copy". Hence, we are just made to roughly look like God even though we aren't made to the same specifications.

1. 0

Except for the invisible part.

1. A Troubled Man profile image61
          A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Exactly, and have you noticed that those who claim to have seen God are the ones who can't provide a straight answer. lol

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

I think the New Testament attempts to help people understand that God is not a mirror image of our form. Didn't Paul say something to the effect that a tree in no way resembles the seed and that those who think they would go on in human form weren't thinking it through?

3. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

As others have said, that image is almost certainly only a perception and not a "picture" of physical reality.  An image of the "soul" maybe.

It would be absolutely astounding if an ET from another universe, with different laws from our own, would have the same physical form, or even a similar one.  God is extremely unlikely to have the same shape (if He has a shape at all) as we do.

4. davidkaluge profile image72
    davidkalugeposted 3 years ago

I think the main thing they want to know is if God has a reproductive system or not

working