jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

IGNORAMUS CHRISTIANS..., for what purpose?????

1. profile image0
    jgrimes331posted 8 years ago

As average followers of Jesus Christ, you'd think one might be more incline too be more educated about Christ.  Why is it that they are not?  What are these Christian followers afraid of?  The truth perhaps?  The Devil?  Could some Christians be afraid to look into reality's eyes and see  they have simply relied on faith to be their guide?  What could be wrong with that?  Is it a fact, that when one relies on faith alone, they can become blindly ignorant to the truth?  Could the fact that some Christians believe in three Holy Supreme Beings, two or even just one, be the answer to this "Christian" dilemma? 

Many Christians I've spoken to believe that Christ and the Heavenly Father are one in the same.   A layman's approach would be that God impregnated Mary to turned himself into a baby and then secretly grow up into a man.  So God was now a father to himself and a son to himself.   There isn't a gospel out there that confirms this belief, so where did come from?  Simple Christian confusion to say the least, however; after combing through it I realized that in Judaism they at least know how many Gods they are suppose to pray too.   The same can be say for the Muslim Religion too.  It is made quite clear that Allah is the ruler over all.  Every major religion in this world has a complete set of 'bi-laws' telling how many Gods are to be prayed too, exact guidelines to how one should live their life, and how to be "God-like".  Why haven't the Christians taken the time to update themselves, send out better and clearer messages, walk the walk according too that message, and agree to 'a count' of Supreme Beings they should be praying too?  Christians do not even have terms and conditions on how many times a day one should pray, how to pray in a physical context and in what direction, up, down, straight forward, what, which way is it?  Why do so many Christians feel it is wrong to expand the horizons of their minds and think outside the box and look to other religions for some basic guidelines?  Uneducated Christians, what more can we expect??? Where are the disciples of this religion and why aren't they doing a better job at educating Christian followers?

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

"Why do so many Christians feel it is wrong to expand the horizons of their minds and think outside the box and look to other religions for some basic guidelines?"
    Bit of a conflict between logic and faith, where the two contradict each other.
    Since religion is based on faith, obviously contradictory logic must go unrecognized.

1. profile image0
      jgrimes331posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ah..., but you see not every religion is based on faith.  Not every Christian has faith.  So in that regards, 'contradictory logic' certainly does have it's place.  Thanks, Julie

3. knolyourself profile image60

Would be interested to know -
    "Ah..., but you see not every religion is based on faith."
    what religion is not based on faith?

1. profile image0

Buddhism to name one.  It is not a faith based religion.  It is a lifestyle, a practice, a guide.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hardly a religion as most understand the word. smile Although, if I was to say there was a religion I respected it would be Zen Buddhism. Self reliance, self discipline and inner knowledge. I like that. No magical, invisible super being to build edifices to and spread the rules of. Sounds like my kind of religion.......... I am a Zen Atheist myself. smile

1. profile image0

Knolyourself:

My husband is Agnostic... 

When Christians think of Buddhism, do you honestly think they know the difference?  Do you (honestly) think they understand that 'we all' could be "Enlighten Buddhas"?  Do you really think they understand the non-dual Dzogchen-Mahamudra teachings of Buddhism comparative to the basic Tibetan Buddhism?  Don't ya think that maybe most average Christians, call it Buddhism and firmly believe that Buddhist pray and worship a jolly, short, fat man statue?  Do you think that most Christians understand the differences between Agnostic and a Atheist?  I think you are giving too much credit to the average Christian.  Thanks, this a great thread!- Julie

4. knolyourself profile image60

Buddhism to name one has got to be the only one. Some would say it is not even a religion, but rather a psychology. Still one would have to have faith in the concept of 'enlightenment', when it is unachieved. And with the achievement, still
    one cannot exactly use logic for its illustration.

1. profile image0

Really...  Let us tackle Judaism.  Do you honestly think that Judaism is a fideism religion?

5. Lady Guinevere profile image62
    Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago

It doesn't take a religion to have faith IN YOURself.  When you want to win the big prize or race who do you have faith in then--yourself becasue it is only YOU who can do it.  anyone who tells you that God did it is wrong,  he didn't make your legs move--YOU did.

1. profile image0

Lady Guinevere I completely agree with you.  It doesn't take a religion to have faith in oneself.  I agree that you must have inner strength and peace to accomplish the trials of life.  But what does that have to do with utterly ignorant Christians?  I don't quite understand your approach to this subject thread.  Could you help me to see where you are coming from?  What does believing within "YOURself "have to do with how many Gods are in Paradise or Heaven?  Christians can't even agree on what "heaven" should be called.  Is "heaven" paradise as the children of Abraham believe or is "heaven" heaven as the children of Moses believe?  Heaven is called both in some version of the New Testament.  So what gives?  Thanks- Julie

1. Lady Guinevere profile image62
        Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is what I was trying to respond to:  "Could some Christians be afraid to look into reality's eyes and see  they have simply relied on faith to be their guide?  What could be wrong with that?  Is it a fact, that when one relies on faith alone, they can become blindly ignorant to the truth?  "
        Looking bck I see that I missed that points!  lol lol.  Sorry am fighting a cold.
        Missing the point isn't al that bad, now as bad and christians saying that missing the point leads you straight to hell......oops

I don't call those knds odf chiristians ignorant, just mislead by others who love the power that they can have on others.  I think it is a power trip.  Keep them confused is their main objective.  Education is wrong--totally wrong and must be put out of people's minds.  It's all about power and who has it and money enters the picture too.  Go look at all the posts that I have made in the forums and in my hubs on religion and you wil soon understand some of the things that you talk about here. I also call it extremly lazy on their part.  They like being told what to do, what to believe and how to scare the hell out of anyone else that believes differently.  There is also something else.  I follow what Christ says but not what the church doctrine says and I am chastised because I do not go the way they go.

1. profile image0

"I follow what Christ says but not what the church doctrine says and I am chastised because I do not go the way they go."

Great point!  Follow what Christ said.  How many Christians know that Christ said to follow the way of James, for he was righteous in God's eyes?  I ask the question to all Christians reading this.  How many of you know who James was and what become of the man, that next to Jesus God called righteous?  Hey Thanks Again!  I'll check out your hubs.  Feel free to check out mine too.  We just might have a lot in common.  Julie

working