jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Do you think Bigfoot or Sasquatch exists?

1. Superkev profile image84
    Superkevposted 3 years ago

I have always been fascinated by this mystery. There seems to be too many credible people who report sightings who really have more to lose than to gain by doing so for there not to be something to it in my mind.

I have also seen and heard some pretty compelling evidence, and quite a number of hoaxes to be sure. But it seems to enduring and too many people have seen 'something' out there for it to be dismissed.

What do you think? Have you had a strange encounter? Know someone who has?

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, but there is no evidence, unless you can produce some yourself?

2. Efficient Admin profile image95
      Efficient Adminposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I believe something is out there and find it curious it has not been proven to exist yet.  I was reading an article the other day where it was stated that nobody ever finds a corpse for bears or cougars or other wild animals either out there in the wilderness.

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

While I have never seen a predator corpse, I have seen partial skeletons.  Skulls, etc.

Herbivore corpses are fairly common, and I have seen both deer and elk (common where I live) corpses.

I would surmise that few predators are killed; when they die it is more often because of age or disease.  In such cases I would expect them to find a "safe" place - a cave, den or other hidden area.  This will make it much harder to stumble across a corpse in the wild.

But it is curious that we never see remains of bigfoot.  No hair or fur, no scat, no bodies or skeletons - nothing.  Maybe it isn't there after all...

2. Mel Carriere profile image91
    Mel Carriereposted 3 years ago

I think that if this mythical beast existed they would have found a corpse by now.  I don't see how a creature that big can live on the fringes of highly populated areas without a few credible proven photographs being taken of it.

Superkevposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have heard theories that they could possibly bury their dead.

Also I wonder if they live so far deep in the woods that scavengers might make short work of any corpses before someone has the chance to stumble upon one?

3. JasonLicerioPH profile image80
    JasonLicerioPHposted 3 years ago

I think these kind exists specially in unexplored places like the vast lands of USSR where there are no known cities or landmarks.

I read a story in the internet once where the man-like creature was brought in the community and was raised well and had kids with a human. They were all hairy.

4. Vlorsutes profile image92
    Vlorsutesposted 3 years ago

I think there is a possibility of some sort of hominid capable of existing that could be considered the creature people refer to as the "Sasquatch", but I feel that the majority of sitings of the "creature" are either hoaxes or mis-identification of a known animal or object.

Scientists have basically determined that a creature or small group of creatures (some level of breeding population) would be able to go undetected in a number of the regions that Sasquatch are reported in, as long as they were actively trying to avoid people. So I believe the possibility is there in some form.

5. skperdon profile image87
    skperdonposted 3 years ago

No doubt there is something scaring up the "Sasquatch" speculations. But I doubt that there is any real siting. How come these stories only became popular when the public started using the internet.
    I think if something is living and hiding on the fringes of society, it would be  very intelligent and would be very knowledgeable to be able to avoid detection.
    I have heard theories that it migrated from China.
    I have heard that there are blood and skin samples.
    I have heard that there is a child "Sasquatch".
    I have had strange encounters, but none of the "Sasquatch" kind.
    The scientific community has not confirmed its existence, so I'll go with that.

6. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

I've wondered how they could exist. If they increased in population as quickly as people have, there would be too many of them to hide any longer.

7. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

I'm on the fence. Most people who claim to see them are probably blowing smoke, but we've found some pretty strange creatures in the past few years, so I won't pretend that it's impossible for them to exist.

8. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Based on current evidence? No.

As a possibility? Of course.

9. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 3 years ago

I'm a bit surprised no one has yet commented...on second thought not so much as the coporate media hasn't had much to say of the announcement by the leading BF org. of meticulous DNA testing results from the top three best considered cases with of course the physical evidence. What this shows is that the female BF have primate and human DNA. The male samples are the real shocker as they show strains of no known DNA but appear human. Any mistakes I may have made here can quickly be corrected by simply googling something like Scientist annonce Bigfoot reality 2013 or something similiar. As an aside they also announced the BF seem to use waterways( they apparently can hold their oxygen for very long periods) and railroad tracks for lengthy movements. Interesting stuff what ever one chooses to believe or not.

Superkevposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I know many railroad engineers and crew here in the Northwest and almost all of them have at least one BF story to tell.

10. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 3 years ago

Not surprising there, Superkev. Thanks for the info and confirmation. In addition to lines still in use how many more are now unused.