jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The Living Word

1. DeaneMc profile image61
    DeaneMcposted 7 years ago

Everything begins with God the Father. The initiative of grace is his alone. It is he who in sheer love desired both to show himself to mankind (which is revelation) and to bring mankind to himself (which is redemption).

In both, he acted through Jesus Christ. It is through Christ that he has revealed himself to us and it is through Christ that he has redeemed us for himself.
    It is inconceivable, therefore that there could ever be either a higher revelation than God has given through the person of Jesus Christ, his son, or a fuller redemption that he has achieved through the work of Jesus Christ our Savior. Both are perfect and complete.

The living Word. (John 1:1-5)
    In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were made by him, and nothing was made without him. In him there is life, and that life is the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not OVERPOWERED IT !

(John 1:10-12)
    The Word was in the world, and the world was made by him, but the world did not know him. But to all who did accept him and believe in him he gave the right to become children of God.

(John 1:14)
    The Word became a human and lived among us. We saw his glory-the glory that belongs to the only Son of the Father-and he was full of grace and truth.

Leaving His heavenly home, Jesus put on human flesh to bring us Gods Good News.
    It all happened in a moment, a most remarkable moment...that was like none other. For through that segment of time a spectacular thing occurred. GOD BECAME MAN.

Jesus says- I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by ME.
    I am the light of the world, I AM THE DOOR.
    If any man knocks, I will open the door and invite him in, and he will come in and dine with me and I with him.
    Seek me while I may be found.

1. Andrew0208 profile image62
      Andrew0208posted 7 years ago in reply to this

John 6:63. Jesus Christ saying;
      It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
        Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

..............and we are filled with the spirit!  Therefoe WE ARE the LKiving Word fr God spoke us into being.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

If you really think about it logically and realistically WE are the Living Word of God or the Universe or all there is and Everything.