jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)

Life Confronts Death

1. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 8 years ago

Inspiration:
    Is it possible that I'm addressing someone who is walking the edge of a canyon wall...If this is the case with you and how you might feel, please read the rest of this carefully.

The scene here that I'll be describing is out of the Bible. (John 11)
    There are two people in this scene. Martha and Jesus. Martha's words to Jesus were full of despair. She stares into the eyes of Jesus with confusion in her mind.
    Lazarus was dead and the one who could make a difference in Martha's mind and her timing, didn't. (not yet)
    You see, if God is God anywhere, he has to be God in the face of death. Up lifting talks and speeches can be inspirational. Wealth in the right way and places can take care of poverty. But only God can deal with our ultimate dilemma-death. God of the Bible has dared to stand on the canyon's edge and have the right answer...

Jesus made one of the claims that some thought placed him either on the throne, or thought he should have been put into an asylum.

(John 11:23) Jesus spoke- Your brother will rise and live again.

Martha misunderstood. I know that he will rise and live again in the resurrection on the last day-was her reply. (John 11:24)

(John 11:35) Says- JESUS CRIED.
    Jesus knew Lazarus would die, but he showed his power by raising him from the dead. Before seeing him perform this great miracle, however, we see that Jesus was sensitive to grief and pain.

Imagine the setting: Jesus had come to intrude on the enemy's turf, he's standing in Satan's territory. Death canyon.
    His stomach turns as he smells the sulfuric stench of the ex-angel, and he winces as hears the oppressed wails. Satan has violated one of God's creations. With his foot planted on the serpent's head, Jesus speaks loudly enough that his words echo off the canyon walls.
    Jesus calls, Lazarus, come forth...out of the tomb Lazarus arose and out he walked for all eyes to see. A miracle. The power of the Word from the Word. Life and death are in the power of the tongue.

Life confronts death-and wins ! The wind stops. A cloud blocks the sun and a bird chirps in the distance while a humiliated snake slithers between the rocks and disappears into the ground...

But Jesus isn't through with Martha. His eyes locked on hers and he ask the greatest question found in Scripture. A question meant as much for you and me as for Martha. DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?
    This is a canyon question...For then we must face ourselves as we really are. And we are forced to see him for what he claims to be: our ultimate HOPE ! THE SAVIOR TO ALL WHO BELIEVE !

Though we were spiritually dead because of the things we did against God, he gave us new life, when we receive Christ as our Lord and personal Savior.
    We turn, repent, and change. We become a new creation in Jesus Christ. Old things pass away and we become new. So we die to the flesh that wants the things that hold us in bondage to this world, (the sinful nature) and desire the things of God.

God says seek me first  and my kingdom and all the other things will be added unto you.
    WE SERVE A GOD THAT SAYS, WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!

1. usmanali81 profile image60
      usmanali81posted 8 years ago in reply to this

The miracle of Jesus (peace be upon him) was not meant for degrading the phenomanon of DEATH rather it was a sign for the people of that particular time that Jesus (pbuh) is the messenger of Allah-God. This special feature was given to Jesus (pbuh) by God almighty

with the finger of God cast out devils … - Luke 11:20

Regarding death, it looks as death for us but actually its a transition towards the second life, death is the time period between 1st life(mortal) and the second life (immortal).

1. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Death is the door to god.
        One needs to be reborn means one needs to die and come back.Correct on death does one become immortal.
        This concept is called samadhi and maha samadhi in hindu philosophy.Samadhi getting enlightened -dying becoming one with the Ligh-God- Allah- Holy Spirit-Shiva and coming back.
        Maha samadhi - merging with the light in totality- not coming back. smile

1. earnestshub profile image88
          earnestshubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Death is the door to getting recycled.

Why do insist on interrupting when you don't understand the conversation?

I understand perfectly well thank you.

So why do you insist on  adding garbage to our conversation?.Leave us alone.

I will not be dictated to by an insecure believer in fairies.This is a forum, not a closed thread like your mind.

Grow up.

2. profile image60
    earrythmposted 8 years ago

death is not the end of life...it is just an encounter in the spectrum of life. for anything that is born, death is inevitable and do not cry over on what is inevitable!!
       if god was kind enough to create milk in your mother far before you were born, wont he be kind enough to create a more peaceful world after your death, far before you die!!
       just think....face death with bravery

I for one am not afraid of death, and would be more pleased if one of these gods would do a tour of the children's cancer wards!

working