jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Applying The Law To God

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

These parents are being tried for manslaughter and child endangerment, when they don't have the direct power to heal.  The most they can do is take the kid to the hospital, and hope the doctor can fix the problem (in this case he can, but that's a coincidence; many illnesses are not yet fixable).

The prosecutor asked, ""How many kids have to die before it becomes extreme indifference to human life?"

If the parents can be labeled as "indifferent to human life," given the limitations in power they have, how much more would God be indifferent?  God has the power to heal every sick child on this planet, in an instant.  But, because God works in "mysterious ways," we have to assume there is a greater good being served by allowing children to die from starvation or cancer.

God shows "extreme indifference" to human life.  A court could not adequately punish God for the crimes he has committed against humanity.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image86
      tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Poor misguided souls. I have had kids with breathing difficulties and the thought of bacterial pneumonia going untreated is criminal. 
      Can you imagine the kind of life those children would have had if they had lived.

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I concur.  I'm glad the parents had the rest of their children taken away.

2. 0
      Deepes Mindposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is very sad. I understand seeking God for healing of illness, but there are things we must also do for ourselves. The more you operate in principles, the less we need miracles. We have access to these things for a reason.