jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

In the religious forums, many religious people take a severe umbrage when others differ from them in terms of beliefs and ideologies.  Some go so far as to relay some "divine" retribution on them.  Why don't they realize that they do not have the predominance of who is right. 

They seem to delight in attacking atheists and others who do not believe in traditional/organized religions.   Atheists and other nontraditional people have the unmitigated right to their ideologies and to express them without harassment.   

Why do so many religious people love to dominate these religious forums and harangue those who differ divergently from them?   Why are THEY fearful of different ideologies?  Maybe if they open their mind, they COULD LEARN something!  Love, let live, and move on I say!

1. 0
      Emile Rposted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol Have you looked at the posters? A few atheists are at the top of the list.

Sorry, I see the strongly opinionated atheists as doing the same thing. I'm not going to down one side of the debate; without acknowledging this. I don't want to feel like a hypocrite.

2. 0
      Deepes Mindposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see the insults going both ways

2. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 3 years ago

Outraged? That's a bit overdramatic don't you think?

3. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago

I am OUTRAGED too!  lol

Actually.......I'm confused as to why anyone would whine about atheists being attacked..........because they're not the usual targets of attack around here at all.

OUTRAGEOUS, ain't it?!

1. SwordofManticorE profile image73
      SwordofManticorEposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Agreed Brenda, Now they cry foul.