jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

I think I'm superior to Simon Cowell. Should I eat him?

1. Havenheed profile image60
    Havenheedposted 3 years ago

When asked for a justification for eating animals people frequently say that we [humans] are superior to them. But how does it follow you should eat something just because you are superior to it?

Law abiding citizens might think they are superior to violent criminals. But does that mean that during their lunch hour they should go down to the prison and bite a few chunks out of the local inmates?

Nietzsche believed himself to be superior to the brainwashed Christian masses; but as far as we know he never dined on their flesh in some morbid ritual or any other circumstance.

Where does it all end? If you think you are superior to cannibals do you need to eat them in order to prove it?

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If a Christian believes him/herself superior to a pile of feces...

1. Jerami profile image77
        Jeramiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You could have as easily said If an Atheist feels himself superior ...!
        He didn't mention religion or lack there of. 

Oh well??

2. Silverspeeder profile image61
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't eat animals because I feel superior to them I eat them because I am an omnivore and this is the path body has followed since the first milk, to the first spoon of solid food to my first steak. There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to follow another way to fuel their body, if you want to stuff your face with veggies all day that's up to you but I shall eat what Is available to fuel body to its optimum.
      I have tried the veggie way ( my second wife was a vegetarian ) and it didn't suit my body at all.

2. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 3 years ago

I don't eat meat because I feel superior to animals. In fact, some animals may even be superior to humans (such as dolphins with thier larger brains)

I eat animals because they taste yummy. And my human omnivorous body needs protein,and I don't really like peanut butter or legumes.

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How many people here are PETA members?  (People Eating Tasty Animals)

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

If you have a suitable wine available, go for it.

4. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Sometimes I worry that vegetables are superior to me... After a while I start getting kind of hungry. I'm lucky though, cause I think water's really stupid.

5. 0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

I'm surprised anyone would give that as a reason. I don't consider myself superior. I don't suffer guilt at the act.  We all have to survive. I am, however, a strong advocate for humanely raised livestock.

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh my goodness, me too. See how alike we are? Spooky. Ive never eaten veal (that I know of) b/c of that, but not until i saw a Morgan Spurlock special (this bad boy right here) http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Rights/dp/B001B8U8WA, that I realized the cows were being treated very poorly. I pretty much stopped buying ground beef. The more you know... (bing, bong, bing, bong...)

1. 0
        Emile Rposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, commercial veal would fall into the category of a no no for me. But, I have eaten veal. Some guy brought in a young cow to be processed and never picked up. We finally ate it. Excellent steaks.

6. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Also, I wouldn't try eating Simon Cowell, I would think skinning him of that black t-shirt, a nearly impossibly task. I would imagine he bathes with it on.