jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Spanking for Jesus Movement : Husbands punishing Wives

1. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Spanking for Jesus movement lets God-fearing husbands feel good about punishing their wives
    By Eric W. Dolan
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 21:29 EDT
    Spanking for Jesus or a movement known as Christian Domestic Discipline. The alternative lifestyle fell into the media spotlight on Wednesday thanks to The Daily Beast and Jezebel.

Both publications detailed the household arrangement, in which men dominate women using divinely-approved spankings. It sounds like a crude parody, but The Daily Beast estimates that thousands of couples have actually embraced the Christian Domestic Discipline way of life.

Two websites devoted to Christian Domestic Discipline both emphasize the absolute power of a husband over his wife, a situation that is purportedly supported by biblical teachings.
    Read the rest of the article below. One more reason religion is on the decline? roll

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/19/s … masochism/

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They should just call it BDSM because that's what it is.  They just need a way to make like they're still good little Christians while they're doing it.

roll

1. Stacie L profile image86
        Stacie Lposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had to look up BDSM....wow..you may be on to something! lol

2. Renee Abbott profile image87
    Renee Abbottposted 3 years ago

It is called Taken by Hand, and is a branch of BDSM. Very much practiced. Glad I am of neither group.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You and me both, Renee.  I just do not see the value of a relationship where one dominates another.  Every adult relationship should be a partnership.  Period.

1. Renee Abbott profile image87
        Renee Abbottposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is some people's kink. To me I am just too free spirited to be manhandled or dominated. BDSM though is a kink, and for some a lifestyle. You will discover all religions and no religions within this lifestyle. Some thrive on it, so bless tham. I will stay me completely, free, single and happy:)

working