jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Consider the Ant

1. ThompsonPen profile image82
    ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago

This morning I woke up as the sun was rising. I of course dozed and woke again not long after. I got up to make my tea in the kitchen and happened to catch the tiniest bit of movement on the roof just outside the kitchen window.
    It was the tiniest little ant making his way up the slope of the roof, to it's peak, then continuing downward again.
    Here I was considering how difficult it was to wake up just to work on my personal things such as writing, and then go on to working my job - which also is to sit at a computer; and here is this tiny ant who has risen so early that he had time to make his way some how up the side of the house, and over the roof in search of food to take to his queen.
    What does this little ant think? Does he wake up and hit the snooze on his internal clock as well? Does he wake up dazed and need a moment to get into action? When does he eat his breakfast? And how the heck does he have so much energy to climb what must be his version of Mount Everest before the sun has fully risen?

1. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hope to God you killed the little trouble maker.

ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

the hooligan!

But no, I did not. There was a window between us, and he was just doing his anty business

1. profile image0

Okay, he was outside. It's okay then because if those little buggers get inside and find a crumb they call all the relatives and before you know it they are having a party.

That's what cinnamon is for. It'll keep them out

1. profile image0

Does cinnamon work? We've had some issues. They came in for the dog food.

I hear tell it does. Another trick I've heard of is creating onion water and spraying it on them. Mother Nature's natural pesticide smile

working