Satanic Church Preforming Same Sex Marriage over Grave of WBC...

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (48 posts)
  1. ThompsonPen profile image65
    ThompsonPenposted 10 years ago

's grave.
    What do you think. I see the argument of two wrongs don't make a right, but at the same time, it's a bit of a taste of their own medicine.
    Members of the Boston Satanic Church performed a "Pink Mass", which is a same sex marriage over the grave of the WBC's founder's mother.
    http://gawker.com/satanists-turn-wbc-fo … socialflow

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This has to be one of the sickest, most perverse things ever done.
      Doesn't matter if it is the mother of Phelps;  doesn't matter what she was like or wasn't like;   those evil people need their nasty hind ends peppered with gunshot.   Nobody better even try to tell me that kind of crap is covered under "freedom of speech".   mad

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. I don't see this as any more disrespectful to the beliefs of others than what the WBC does. Actually, it is more respectful. They aren't chanting horrible things at a funeral. Whether or not I agree with their beliefs isn't the question. This looks like a tit for tat scenario to me.

1. profile image0

You just don't get it, do you?   And liberals claim to not get it.   But indeed they do get it.
          BOTH sets of people are engaging in harrassment, bullying, public defamation of character, and more criminal activities.   Neither group has any moral right to do what they do,  and they wouldn't have any legal right to do so IF the liberal agenda would prosecute the WBC.   And why don't they?   Because then they themselves would have to behave or be prosecuted.   Ya see, they don't give a whit about common decency nor about the average human being, even.   They have no shame.   They whine and holler about "civil rights",  but the truth is that they just don't care about anything or anybody except whoever will give them their next perverted sexual thrill.

ThompsonPenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not saying the Boston Satanic Church is going about it the right way, though they are essentially protesting a hate group.
            But it's interesting that a group so misinterpreted as hateful is protesting a truly hateful group with a union of love.

2. profile image0

I understand your outrage. But, I don't see the dilemma over freedom of speech as a liberal agenda. I hate.everything the WBC stands for. But, you've seen how other things go when you start making exceptions to the law where freedom is concerned. If we say the WBC can't demonstrate and these knuckleheads can't retaliate with an in their face protest...where does it end? I'll tell you.

Sooner or later it will be against the law for you to post a Christian comment on Hub Pages. Because someone will insist your view is offensive. They'll take it to court and win. Because there is precedent. The WBC was offensive and they were forced into silence.  Then you can retaliate. Some atheist irritates you and you get it illegal for them to share their views. The next thing you know, babies will start being born with no tongues. They don't need them. Because every view is offensive to someone and we haven't spoken in years.

1. profile image0

Sometimes silence would be golden.   There are things that should never pass a person's lips.   The things the gay agenda say is one of them.   The things the WBC says is another one of those.

As far as babies born without tongues.......I know you were making a metaphor..........but the liberal  agenda doesn't even care if babies are born, period, so that's not a good comparison when it comes to the Left's claim to be fighting for civil rights like free speech etc.

Edit--------the spreading of the Gospel by Christians isn't even comparable to those two horrid groups,  so I'm not gonna even get into that except to say that Christians have a moral right to speak about the Lord no matter who or what tries to take away our freedom of speech.   To throw Christianity onto the same balance scale as those two groups would be to cater to the same wrong comparisons that those two groups are trying to force upon us all.

you're right! I'm left. I don't care if babies are born! They should just be reabsorbed into uteri!
                No but seriously, you can't make a statement saying people to the left don't care if babies are born. We care so much if babies are born that we want to protect the mothers' right to have the baby when IT IS RIGHT FOR THEM, and for the baby. If one is in a situation of an accidental pregnancy whether it be rape or not, the mother should have the right to prove her competency enough to decide if she can provide a good upbringing for a life. It is also up to the mother and her doctors as to whether or not she is in a healthy enough state to bring in a child.

1. profile image0

You just proved my point exactly.

so it's ok to bring a child into a world when the parents are ill-equipped to raise it?
                    This is way off topic

2. profile image0

I think you are a bit harsh concerning liberals and babies. I think liberals care about both parties involved. But, freedom of speech isn't something to be tinkered with. We either have it or we don't. I would fight tooth and nail for your right to offend me by speaking your mind (which you do. Quite often). After I'd helped secure that right I would simply turn a deaf ear because if I choose to be offended whose fault is that? Mine.

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion.

It's true

2. profile image0

Um,  nope.   The responsibility for the offense still belongs to the person or persons who committed the offense,  IF indeed the offense is an actual offense.
                  For instance,  the WBC and the gay activists actually do say and do offensive things.
                  I, however, do not say anything that should offend you.   In that case, yes, that's your responsibility, not mine.
                  Remember ya can't validly compare Christianity with obscenity and harrassment.

1. profile image0

So, if they offend they are offensive and must take responsibility. If you offend you aren't offensive and bear no responsibility. What if I offend? Do I go by the rules for you, or them?

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
                A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ah, hypocrisy knows no bounds for believers.

First of all, Brenda, the ceremony is covered under 'freedom of religion', the very same freedoms you yourself enjoy and exploit at every opportunity.

Secondly, you speak about common decency, yet you lash out at homosexuals all the time, and much worse, you want to censor them because you believe they have a 'gay agenda', whatever that is.

Lastly, yes, spreading the gospel is no different in regards to how folks abuse their rights, whether freedom of speech or freedom of religion. You have no more or less rights to speak about your lord than the Satanists and the WBC. We could very well say the same thing about evangelism, that "silence would be golden". smile

1. profile image0

Eh, nope you can't, not and be correct.
                  You may try to equate Christianity with Satanism and with the bullying WBC and with the radical homosexual movement, but you would be wrong on all counts.

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
                    Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, I'm pretty sure he's right and your argument has no legs to stand on.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/Zelkiiro/Forum%20Junk/CharDeal.gif

2. profile image0
                    Deepes Mindposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Actually, in the case of freedoms of speech, religion, and expression, they kinda are because just like you and I have the right to practice Christianity and express our views of the things we disagree with, the WBC, Satanism, and Homosexuals have those same constitutional rights (whether we personally, spiritually, or philosophically agree with them or not) as long as they are not causing physical harm to others or damage to property or rioting.

2. ThompsonPen profile image65

I agree it's not freedom of speech. But it is a union of love over some one's grave. I'd honestly feel honored if weddings of any sort were performed over my grave

Maybe I'll put that in my will:
          "Make this grave site a wedding site"

3. profile image50
        Lie Detectorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How does it violate free speech? Granted its the dumbest shit Ive ever heard of but not sure about the free speech issue.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can one say juvenile, high school and college antics worthy of frat house behavior? C'mon now, so silly indeed.  That's all it is really!

3. BobMonger profile image60
      BobMongerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's a crazy world we live in.  I must say I find the idea disturbing and somewhat hypocritical. Satanic love? Now there's an oxymoron for you if ever there was one. On the other hand the brand of Christian hate WBC espouses is also an oxymoron.  Somehow I have a vision that at the end of days these two groups will be locked in a room with each other for eternity.  But it is a free country and a person/group can do pretty much whatever they please. I'm just glad I don't live near any such whackos---but wait! Burning man is just around the corner! Oh my!

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

All I see in this story is people who desperately want attention getting it.

1. profile image0

They don't go away if they're ignored.
      Used to, they would've.
      But like I said, they have no shame anymore.
      They force us to fight against them.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I think the pink mass stupidity would pretty much go away if ignored.  Now it has media attention the poor woman's grave will be a loony magnet.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Maybe I just have a severely macabre (or juvenile) sense of humor, but the mental image I get from this description is EXTREMELY effin' funny.

5. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

How sad. How would you like to get married as part of a plan to attack someone else's beliefs? WBC is as strange a notion to me as the group having the marriage ceremonies. I think that if we live life and come to a conclusion that it's purpose is to hate, then either our perspective of life or our life must be pretty sick.
    But I suppose it is good for all of us to see these people in action. Because it helps us see these wild ideas in our heads and the logical conclusion if we follow them. Sometimes hate creeps into my thoughts, by seeing these folks I can immediately reject that hate because I can see what it does in the end.
    I always figured a grave was private property of somebodies. Don't you buy a plot? Isn't it like condominiums? So isn't doing what they did the same as going into a house. Clearly it is trespass with the intent of doing harm.

6. alancaster149 profile image75
    alancaster149posted 10 years ago

Rather than satanic, I have to say it's pathetic.
    There are ways of drawing attention to yourself, and there are ways of drawing scorn on yourself. It's more a case for the shrink than an outrage. If no-one paid attention to them, that would irk them no end! After all, why do you suppose the act was performed, if it wasn't to grab everyone by the b***s and say,
    'Aren't we a shocking bunch of so-and-so's?!'
    Best just to draw a veil over it and consign it to the rubbish/trash tip of history...

7. jenniferrpovey profile image76
    jenniferrpoveyposted 10 years ago

I absolutely despise the WBC. They're nothing but a cheap hate group who enjoys going around disrespecting the dead and harassing people mourning loved ones.

This particular protest, however (which I believe was NOT a same sex marriage per se as has been reported, but a ceremony celebrating same sex love) is also disrespecting the dead. Going to somebody's grave site and doing something you know would offend them and their family is disrespecting the dead.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Descending to your enemy's level doesn't make you better than them. It makes you worse, because you're supposed to know better.

(And hey, an on topic response. Can we shoo the abortion discussion off to, you know, a thread about abortion, please?)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)