jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

believers, fight back against your atheist oppressors

1. janesix profile image72
    janesixposted 3 years ago

don't let them bring you down!

1. Titen-Sxull profile image94
      Titen-Sxullposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Only a few centuries ago it was common for people to be burned at the stake, hanged, or even tortured for heresy or unbelief.

So now we've entered the information age and atheism, at least on the internet, is gaining traction. So atheists engage in discussion and debate with Christians, or even *gasp* make fun of the beliefs of some Christians.

And that's OPPRESSION?

But hey I'm just an atheist, don't let me get in the way of your hyperbolic persecution complex.

I mean don't get me wrong there's plenty of ahole atheist trolls out there, but this IS the internet so really you have to expect trolls of all kinds. Having your feelings hurt or your beliefs questioned is part of freedom of speech, and so is being offended. That's not oppression that's people with other opinions being able to voice them. For centuries, as I said, such opinions would have been dangerous to speak in public. To openly discuss one's disbelief and disagreements with the prevailing faith of one's society could get you killed or at the very least harassed or ostracized.

Whether you agree with atheists, or any one of any beliefs, we live in a better world if they can openly speak their minds, not an oppressive one.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps, those are exactly the acts the OP were referring to having been oppressed. smile

2. janesix profile image72
    janesixposted 3 years ago

It was a joke.

Get a grip.

If they hurt my feelings, do you think I would keep coming back?

3. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

If your thread was entirely a joke with no point of discussion to be had, isn't it technically spam?

1. janesix profile image72
      janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It was written for my amusement.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image83
        LeslieAdrienneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I thought it was funny.... yikes