jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

1. 0
    mbuggiehposted 3 years ago

Richard M. Dolan and Bryce Zabel have published a very interesting book called A.D. : AFTER DISCLOSURE (WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FINALLY REVEALS THE TRUTH ABOUT ALIEN CONTACT).

The book explores the social and political consequences of disclosure by world governments (including that of the United States) that aliens have made contact with Earth. Clearly speculative and steeped in modern post-Roswell UFOlogy  the book nonetheless gets the reader thinking and wondering.

So...How do you imagine life in a post-disclosure America?

NOTE: This forum is intended for meaningful and thoughtful conversation about the possibilities associated with disclosure not only the reality of alien life, but the reality of contact with alien life.

1. janesix profile image72
      janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, for one I think it might do some good. It would probably start a rush to open up space commercially. Jobs, science, you name it would be affected

1. 0
        mbuggiehposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Very true.

And I suspect that we are more "ready" for such news than not ready.

I sometimes wonder about recent Vatican encyclicals maintaining, for example, that belief in alien life and/or the fact of alien life are consistent with Christian teaching; that God created a universe with many forms of life and in many places.

It is also interesting that the Vatican Observatory does seek for signs of alien life AND that the Pope's primary astronomer declared (in 2009) that alien life is possible.

Here is some interesting information:

http://www.universetoday.com/44713/vati … rial-life/

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/storie … 905002.htm

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
          A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

1. 0
            Deepes Mindposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Very cool picture!!

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

1. 0
      mbuggiehposted 3 years ago in reply to this