The two witnesses

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (27 posts)
  1. denden mangubat profile image69
    denden mangubatposted 10 years ago

Some says that the" two witnesses" mentioned in the Book of Revelation in the Bible are Enoch and Elijah.But according to thewarningsecondcoming.com, the two witnesses are the Christians and the House of Israel

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Personally I think this John was commenting on the events occurring in his own time and extrapolating on what he thought the future might bring. As I've said a few times here on HP I think Revelation should never have been included in the biblical cannon. It has little merit, was written by an unknown John, was argued over for 400 years before being included, and it is clearly influenced by Babylonian astrological mythology.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's possible.
      Because I'm not totally convinced that the two witnesses are literal individual people;   could be metaphorical and represent a group of people etc.,  yes.

So if you believe that the two witnesses are metaphorical along with talking eagles, 10 headed dragons, etc, etc, why would anyone single out the Lake of Fire to be the one element that must be literal?

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's definitely not the only one that's literal.
          It's just that the particular book of Revelation has a lot of metaphorical passages,  as do some other books.   But the things like Jonah and the "whale" and the talking donkey etc.  contain no indication that they're symbolic.

Everything in Revelation is metaphorical yet people single out the LofF and insist its literal. How can they make that judgement call and think they're right?

1. SwordofManticorE profile image70
              SwordofManticorEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Because they are evangelicals. They think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

2. denden mangubat profile image69
        denden mangubatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

in the bible there are literal meanings and parables and metaphors .

3. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think the two beasts described in Rev. 13 are the “Organizational religious systems” of Christianity and Islam.  The first religious organizational system was given 42 months to blaspheme God.   This 42 months is not the same period of time as 42 months as we perceive them.
        The two witnesses were given 1260 days which is approximately the same period of time as 42 months, and they began at approx. the same time. 
         I think one of these two witnesses was sent to each of these two organizational systems.                           If my theory is correct about 62 prophetic weeks (Daniel 9:26) being equal to approx. 568 of our years, this 42 months would then be equal to approx 1645 of our years. 
          How else can the 1000 years which Satan is bound in the bottomless pit be contained within the 42 months that the first beast is given to blaspheme? (First) Satan is said to give his power and seat to the beast with seven heads. Satan is then bound in the bottomless pit for 1000 years. At the end of the 1000 years, the sixth bowl is poured out and Satan, the beast and false prophet is seen in the dried up river bed of the Euphrates.   

Therefore the 42 months has to be a longer period of time than the 1000 years.
      The two witnesses are given 1260 days in which they can cause as many droughts as they choose. What length of time is required before the absence of rain will be classified as a drought?  How many of these droughts can be contained within 3 ½ of our years?  … none!   

The important thing is not who or what these two witnesses are, but the things which they do and the length of time in which they do them. 
      I believe this is the key to understanding prophesy as written in the bible.
      This seems to be just one mans opinion!

God gives these prophecies to guide us to let us read the Holy Bible to be cognizant with God,God's instructions and the end times.But because God loves us so much He gives simple explanations and understandable writings of prophecy for the people who are not as good as the bible experts.Thats why there is this" thewarningsecondcoming.com"-it is so full of hope, full of humility.full of prayers for salvation.

1. Jerami profile image59

Prophesy through out the OT and the NT was given to prove scripture …..   NOT the other way around!    IMHO, When our interpretations of scripture are contradictory with what prophesy says will be, then our concept of that part of scripture is wrong.
          “Knowing this first, that no prophesy of scripture is of any private interpretation, for the prophesy never came by the will of man, …”     SOoo, Why is the foundation of Christian doctrine based upon “Interpretation of Prophesy”??? 
              It Is Written   (around 30 AD) that  Jesus said, “this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled”     It Is Written  (around 96 AD)  that there will come a religious organization that teaches a doctrine so close to the truth that, if possible, it will fool even the elect.                                                       Approximately 230 years later the Emperor of the Roman Empire established a “Universal truth” (which we know is not possible) that every citizen within the empire must prescribe to or face the consequences.         In order for this “Universal Truth” to; “If possible, fool the every elect”, the truth had to be misinterpreted in such a way as to be accepted by those hearing it.  AND, those that didn’t accept it were either killed or silenced in other ways.  This is as God said it had to be.                                                                             This Church age which we live in began in 326AD and was given impunity in 380AD.                                   I am NOT anti church, though it may sound like it sometimes. Church is A  GOOD  thang!    But just as a cherry has a pit which is uneatable, there are things about the church that just ain’t right.
          I’m am saying;  if we knew the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth   (IMHO), it would take all of the joy out of life.  Life on this physical plain was never intended to be a carbon copy of life on any other.      This existence is like a rollercoaster ride. When it is over we are going to want to do it again.

you know if you are not sure of a certain private revelations,all you have to do is just ask the Holy Spirit to guide you if that prophecy really comes from God.then you will know.

1. Jerami profile image59

The problem with that is ...   How do you know a lieing spirit is not pretending to be Your "holy" spirit?        This is why we are not to apply "Any" private interpretation to prophesy of scripture. 
              If there is a "Holy Spirit" (I believe there is)  then there are many lieing spirits.

4. SwordofManticorE profile image70

That is an interesting point denden. I will look up the web site. Thank you.

5. SwordofManticorE profile image70

I just checked out that site thewarningsecondcoming.com, and it didn't take me 5 mins to learn that I could of wasted 5 mins.

what makes you to decide that you are just  wasting your time there?

1. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Once I saw their hell blogs, that was enough to convince me that they are just as confused as the rest of the church is.

Hell blogs as in some people went there and wrote about it?......or did they just make shit up?

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 10 years ago

revelation is about the Individual spiritual awakening. The two witnesses are when the ida and pingala, the opposite energies,are united at your heart chakra. the energy streems enter through the soles of your feet.

oh too much of anime hehe

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have never seen anime so I don't know what you mean.

sorry for the typo.i thought you are watching animes because those words are used in anime hehe

1. janesix profile image60
            janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Any specific ones that mention ida and pingala and that type of thing? I know there are a lot of different animes. They might be interesting to me.

3. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

The two witnesses are Siskel and Ebert commenting on how much this movie sucks.

thanks zelkiiro for visiting this forum.by the way your hubs got their nich

4. janesix profile image60

sorry about the typos,im pretty drunk

5. janesix profile image60

the two witnesses are really vodka and cranberry juice

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)