jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Why Does A Church Want White Greeters Only?

1. getitrite profile image81
    getitriteposted 3 years ago

I grow up in North Carolina, and I was raised to believe that God was a white man, but at least they tried to disguise it then.  This just shows how baffling it is that descendants of former slaves still embrace such nonsense.  It seems that people of color need to become more financially viable, instead of dedicating their lives to this European God, since they, obviously, are seen by this religion, and other businesses(remember Abercrombie) as being a detriment to profit.   It's not about anything but money, it seems. 

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne … eters-only

1. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As the woman said, lying to people about what's on the inside is not the way to get people into church.

It's almost like it's a business. Can you imagine all the Wal-Mart greeters getting an email saying whites only? And some say we get our moral compass from the church. At least corporations are not supposed to show racism or sexism, but churches do and say what they want. Crap, look at the book of Mormon.

Run away.

getitriteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Telling people that the creator of the universe is in the church is the first lie, I guess. lol

It is a business, pretending to represent some fictional character, whom they have convince the gullible, is creator of the universe.  Tax exempt.

Up until 1978, the Mormon church was blatantly racist.

2. profile image0
      Deepes Mindposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't see this as much about being seen by the religion as a detriment to profit. I think it's more about the minister in question. This is more about racism and a sense of self inferiority.

But I agree. it is time for people of color to become more financially viable, but also to redefine their own self worth and break free of the racist teachings of the past that has poisoned their minds.

I think maybe the order was also agreed upon and approved by the other members of the executive staff, so it's probably about job security as well.

Correct.  I agree with Dr. Cosby on many of his assessments.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

I guess the devil made her do it.

I should point out that you probably shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet.

Yeah.  Human devils. lol

Thanks for reminding me, but there is not much reason to doubt the veracity of this story.  It was also on the home page of Yahoo!  and reported in the Huffington Post.  I'm going to assume this is a reasonably true story as  it's not that unbelievable....unless it is proven otherwise.
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/0 … 62013.html

3. Zelkiiro profile image83
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Christianity (and organized religion in general) is and has always been inherently racist! In other news, water is wet! And coming up tonight, airborne objects fall!

Yep.  Not the lest surprising, is it?

working