jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

ah HUH, Yes

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8383115.jpg
    Life is such a complex affair.  Life is full of mysteries.  Life is also full of surprises, pleasant and not so pleasant ones.  The pleasant one makes life delicious and enchanting.  The unpleasant ones are character builders, teaches us lessons, and tests our stamina.   Life is but a fleeting thing. Before we know it, it's OVER.  What have we learned from life?   What is our purpose on this earth?   Ah, the gift called life.   Let's discuss this premise.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8383116_f248.jpg

1. AMFredenburg profile image80
      AMFredenburgposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure I've learned any profound lessons, but I've overcome a tremendous amount of difficulty, both inner and outer, and continue to do so. I'm a very different person than I was ten or fifteen years ago - much stronger, with the ability to draw boundaries, and at the same time with a much calmer and more accepting nature than I used to have.

I think we are all here to contribute something, to learn something, and to overcome something, and it's a lifelong journey.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Excellently and eloquent put indeed!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

We are here to get out of here. We spend more time on the astral world than on the earth in our physical bodies. What we do counts on a level of what life will be like for us afterwards. Focus on Spirit beyond the body and you will be better off in the next world.
    Tryin' to be helpful.
    Take it or leave it.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOVE the response, it's AWESOME and TRUE!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
        Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I worked at a school the other day. The secretary I dealt with had beautiful bright blue eyes. She seemed around 70... she was so funny, so joyful, so good at her job.   
        I just heard news that she died in her sleep.
        I will never forget her blue eyes smiling at me.
        How could she go so quickly?
        I am baffled.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

I think we are here for others. To be supportive, to make a difference, to be a positive influence.  Life isn't about what we can do for ourselves. It's about giving of ourselves.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Giving to others is good for ourselves.

working