Fractal Self, a Message of Unity Consciousness

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Mattrick profile image68
    Mattrickposted 10 years ago

The fractal universe spirals elegantly, beautifully. Nature is the best teacher, the beautiful simplicity: cracks in the sidewalk, trees, the hidden attraction that we all share to those designs. Is it because we are composed of those same patterns, or because we are compelled by a sense of unity and harmony to them because there is a higher pattern that they are displaying, of which we are only vaguely aware? Holistic Archetypes, like the circle, the polyhedrons, powerfully correct, bringing harmony aesthetically to the soul.

The unavoidable structure of numbers 1-10, in all their wisdom, creation symbolized by the addition of two forces: matter and pattern (energy). In this language, the book of nature is written, and the conclusions we can come to through that knowledge are profound. The platonic solids can be found even at the atomic level, and through crystals, even through the ear. The forms are but different actors, playing different roles; but its always the same actors.

The shape of the universe is that of the romanesco broccoli, beyond scale and time; this structure represents a banzai, holographic nature to the structure of everything on earth, the effect for it to be balanced.

The world we see and interact with is neither a heaven or a hell, but both at the same time, and we live our own personal heaven or hell depending upon the choices we make. Life is what you make it, so make it well.

Learning, Peace, Love, Appreciation are a salutation to Unity Consciousness.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

- plan to read this too.

2. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this
    3. Slarty O'Brian profile image81
      Slarty O'Brianposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Fractals are all part of chaos theory. The universal consciousness is speculation based on chaos theory. That part remains to be seen. Funny though that people suddenly get interested in this newest and perhaps most profound physics since Relativity when someone suggests it might mean we get to  live forever in some way in some kind of cosmic consciousness.

That has not been proven yet. What chaos does show is how the simple tends toward the complex.  However, what is of even more interest to me is that it points to the idea that perhaps we have the concept of life all wrong. There is no inanimate becoming animate. There is nothing but life. Not to be confused with biological life which is, as far as I can tell, an emergent property of energy, brought about by chaos, which is part of the nature of energy.

Regardless, peace and love are always the answer to our problems. It is sad, in a way, that it takes some other idea like unity for it to make sense to people. It's just plain logical.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it is sad that someone would think it takes some other idea for it to make sense to people. I think, it makes sense to all people and they simply attempt to show how it makes sense.

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

My point was that it is often overlooked until some one has a theory of why it is important. You are right in saying it is something most people inherently know. And that they are all, in their own way telling us why they think that is, they often do it through recounting grand ideas like religion, gods, and unity in eastern philosophy. But in fact it is all much simpler and more basic then that. We need love, and we need peace to prosper both mentally and  physically.

Unity of all things is now already a scientific fact, by the way, regardless of whether the universe is holographic or not.

1. profile image0

So. Unity of all things is a scientific fact.We have intuitively known this since before Christ was a corporal. We all need peace and love to prosper.

All that being said...what the hell is wrong with us? You'd think we'd make some head way in that direction.

1. profile image0

Greed.

1. profile image0

Yeh. That about sums it up.

2. Mattrick profile image68
              Mattrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I believe that the failure of education, combined with greed, combined with corruption in government, have prevented headway into the direction of freedom. The primary reason for this is that Truth has been preserved, but occulted so that the people do not believe the truth; they believe the fiction as the truth. "The truth shall set you free;" but the lie will enslave you.

What is the lie? That there is no God?

Well it is a lie to confirm or deny god, primarily depending upon how you look at it. Is there a sky father, with a beard and so forth, dictating my destiny and everyone around me? No. Is there a mysterious force, which guides or animates the material universe? Yes. The difference is in the details, same place is where the devil is.
                  Lets get this strait, there is a god, but it is not what you think it is; it simply is what it is. Know thy Self, and you shall come closer to knowing God.

1. profile image0

Great, supply your evidence for us to have a look.

2. EncephaloiDead profile image55
                    EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Then, let's see those alleged details to this so-called mysterious force that guides the universe?

3. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

Your statement is the answer to your question. We do know there is a unity between all things on an instinctive level. But we all seem to feel very disconnected, isolated, and individual. And we are individual systems within and part of much greater systems.

But it is this isolation that makes us do things in our own best interest, or so we think, rather than in the best interest of that unity and a chance at real freedom and prosperity. 

And the question always is, do what is best for me, or do what is best for all of us? Capitalism has the idea that the best for me is in the end best for all, and that doing what is best for all is not what is best for the individual or their freedom.

So love and peace are hard to find when two sides dig in insisting it is their way or no way, or one person robs another thinking they need it more or that only the fittest must survive.

It’s all a very complex duality; and a complex subject.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

Wow. I just read a blog outlining the simple fractal conscious universe. Incredibly interesting. It really goes in depth to explain what I have come to suspect over the years. I'll certainly do some more reading on this.

Emile, what I suggest: get into a more natural life style. This will be essential in your being happy and healthy.

Love and Appreciation
      Mattrick

1. profile image0

What exactly is a natural life style?

3. Mattrick profile image68

I made a hub explaining what a natural lifestyle is, but apparently its against the rules to spam. The title is called Natural Human: Keys to the Natural Human Lifestyle.

4. Mattrick profile image68

Sorry, its actually fractal keys to the natural human lifestyle, sorry, i changed the title so many times that I forgot what it actually was. Haha Happy New Year

1. profile image0

Interesting. But I feel it's human nature and it's natural for humans to adapt our environment for our survival.

I agree with you, but I also believe that there are ways that are in accordance with the harmonies of nature, and there are ways that don't do that. For instance the current model of cities is so unnatural, so disorienting, and so disharmonious with the human psyche, that they are practically designed to alienate and cause depression. This is not right, and if we were to start using the patterns of nature to design our architecture, we will surely notice a positive difference.

1. profile image0

Do you have an example of a way a city or architecture can be more harmonious with nature?

1. profile image0

I don't really see how putting fractals in architecture is any more natural than any of the architecture we already have. We don't see these patterns in nature very often unless we look for them. It seems unnatural for them to be front and centre.

The simple concept of a holon; a thing that in one instance acts as whole, while in another acts as a part. For instance the atom acts as a whole on its own, and a part in a chemical, and a chemical in a protein, and so on...

As above so below, and vice versa. IF there is a fractal Hologarchy on Earth, why not the universe?
                The fractal is in nature because nature is wise, and displays this everywhere through fractals. Because of their structure, fractals are very balanced, and display the harmonies of sacred geometry, but enhance them, to create symmetry. Ancient philosophers, the Greek Pythagoras, Plato, and Hermes, could not envision fractal geometry, and called nature chaotic. With their simplified, albeit harmonious architecture, they plotted out the course of architecture into the present day.  In combination with the industrial revolution, this paradigm has led to what I call a human nature: a totally artificial world, one without husbandry, guided by money, conveniences, and entertainment. Human behavior then, is guided by that environment, and our natural predisposition failed, lives vicariously through the entertainments of a dying civilization into a one world tyranny.  A people guided by principles and simplicity are always going to be better off than a people guided by money and conveniences.

People are depressed in cities, human interaction and beauty in our environment is important to our health and happiness. The beauty of fractal shapes are more unlimited once we open our eyes to a planetary organism, which we are creating. The evidence is in the similarity between a car traveling down a complex network of roads, and a blood cell traveling down my vein. The metaphor can carry on, and the internet would seem like a brain, or a pre-conscious, simple brain. Our planetary organism is in its fetal stage, still gestating.

Alas, civilizations just copy one another, and little to no innovation has occurred in the past hundred or so years; consequentially, the shape of the world has become rather square, and more triangular each day. Let us not forget that by controlling the shape of the environment, whether they know it or not, the industrial corporations are controlling the minds of their subjects. This is why the people in china need nets around their buildings in order to prevent workers from committing suicide.

Love and Appreciation
                Mattrick

1. profile image0

True creativity does not come along often, but when it does humans have come up with a way of sharing that creativity for the benefit of all of us. Capitalism is not a perfect system as it allows corporations to behave like psychopaths. However somewhere in there I believe you said something about the lack of innovation in the last 100 years. Care to explain that as I believe there has been more innovation during the last hundred years than there has been during the rest of the time humans have been here.

Search the Federal Reserve.
                    Beyond that, the idea is not innovation in technology, but in ideas. That is where we fail, because our systems of education are failing, themselves antiquated and inadequate.

5. Mattrick profile image68

Yeah, if you understand what I am saying, it will be readily apparent that god exists, and the proof is that you are god. God is the player, and therefore a higher self than you are, same as a videogame self is a lower self than you. The simulation acts as a metaphor for the higher simulation called reality or Life. Essentially that means that the purpose for the videogame of Life is entertainment, cosmic or divine entertainment depending upon how you get out of bed in the morning. However, love is the ultimate driver of this entertainment, as love is an affinity for something, attraction to something, which this life certainly provides.

As entertaining as it may be, it is still a very serious circumstance to be in today, seeing as how the world is in peril, with the pacific ocean floor being covered by 98% dead sea life, up from 1% in 2010 (according to naturalnews.com).

That being said, how we take this reality changes it from being either a heaven or a hell, if we see it as a hell that is what it will be, if we see it--envision it--as a heaven, the possibility will become that much greater. One person, or a few people, can make a great impact on the world. When we recognize that reality is what we make it, and that we are the true sovereignty of this world, enlightenment and freedom are not far off. 

The key root in the word liberty, liberation, and library is no coincidence. To find liberty, and liberate ourselves, we must rediscover the library, or make our own.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image55
      EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

More gobbledegook. We are not evidence for god, we are evidence for ourselves and for evolution.

Evolution is a characteristic of fractal geometry. The mandelbrot set is called the thumbprint of god in mathematics. Einstein said that reality is the mind of god. The idea that there is a mind of god is not something that is that inconceivable:

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/Pickover … galaxy.jpg

"We are a way for the universe to know itself. Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return. And we can, because the Cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff."

- Carl Sagan

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

East must meet West, Mattrick… don't you agree? Jesus had so much to say which is still not understood… because he was a (Son of) man of the East.

7. Mattrick profile image68

Okay, I read your whole post. I did not say that reality does not exist outside of my observing it. I would suggest that it exists as information. Information, data, may be as objective as our perceptions. After all, our perceptions are information, energy streamed from one position in space to another--within the organized Holon called body. The body is a representation of the atom, and the atom a microcosmic representation of a solar system or galaxy. As above so below; in other words, everything big is just a representation of something small, and everything small is a representation for something big. The same can be said in regards to complexity: everything simple is jsut a representation of something complex, and everything complex is a representation of something simple.
    Consciousness is not a product of our brain; it is a force of nature, taking part in the feedback loop between it and matter. From matter, to life, to mind, the progress of beauty from simple to complex has lead to the sophistication of that process whereby the force called consciousness has become so integrated within the body of matter that the two forces combine, and that indivisible unite (or individual) experiences what neither force could experience alone: for matter it is a way to be unified, and for the unity of consciousness, it is a way of becoming divided. The beauty of this combination comes when rarity and complexity are understood as symptoms of beauty. 

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2006/ … APHIC.html

While we can sit here and debate whether or not we are experiencing a simulation, or a dream in the mind of god, we could also pretend that we are little creators, made in the image of the Universal principle at the center of all things: infinite complexity within finite boundaries: Beauty and Love.

Learning, Peace, Love, Appreciation: salutations to Unity consciousness.

- thanks for reminding us so eloquently.

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

Consciousness may seem like the be all end all of existence but it is clearly secondary to instinct and the subconscious.

To illustrate this, recent brain scans have shown conclusively that the brain knows when an action is going to be taken sometimes seconds before the person is consciously aware of the fact.

The subconscious is where emotion comes from and it is the place action comes from because the conscious mind is too slow in emergency situations.

The conscious mind deliberates and educates the subconscious by doing so. That is how we learn to have different responses to the same situations. Deliberation/learning before we get ourselves in to trouble prepares the subconscious and can alter its emotional and physical response to things.

When you first see a bike you don’t have a clue about it. As you try to ride it and fall off you deliberate about it, seeking your balance, learning where the breaks are and how to use them.

As you progress you think less and less about how to ride the bike. Deliberation at that point becomes a hazard. Your body has learned how to ride the bike and thinking about it makes you second guess yourself. Eventually riding is as automatic as breathing. 

Same with any skill we learn well. Most of the tasks are done on an educated auto pilot. Ask a musician or a martial arts expert. They no longer have to think about what they are doing, it is part of them.  Same with writing. Often it seems to me that the words flow from my fingers instead of my deliberate consideration. But my conscious mind acts as a quality control center rather than the part of me that is doing the writing.

We spend most of our lives on auto, only sometimes being fully conscious of everything we are doing, usually because things aren’t going well. The subconscious is in the mean time acting and reacting to the outside world without us, so to speak.
      The subconscious is instinct. Everything starts with instinct and everything ends up there.

The conscious part of us is where the idea of “I” comes from, and it is very attached to that notion. In fact it is born out of that notion.
      The brain is there to keep the body/system alive at all costs. But the conscious mind has reversed that idea. Like a bad government that believes it is more important than the people it represents.
      It has therefore created ideas like god, souls, spirits, heaven, etc, in order that it might cheat death. But no one gets out of here alive.

The idea that there is a cosmic consciousness is unlikely the case. But there is cosmic instinct as it were, because instinct begins with auto response by a thing due to the nature of that thing playing off the nature of what it is responding to.

Consciousness is important, and one cannot separate the conscious from the subconscious. It’s all one system. But they are different aspects of that system.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)