jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why has the idea and/or concept of God and/or Universal Consciousness

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

makes so many people quite uncomfortable, uneasy, and/or threatened?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What people?  Some believe it, others don't.  That in itself is completely non-threatening.

Of course when actual people get to being nasty to each other over this disagreement, that is another matter.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 2 years ago

I think people take offense at the claim of knowing the unknowable. We can think, or imagine or hope. No one knows and the claim of knowledge, especially of an all powerful God is troublesome. If one exists, why leave some out of the loop? Why would some people be worthy, and others not? It would be horrible to find out a God existed who acted in such a way.

I think the Universal Consciousness idea threatens many simply because if one existed then, without knowledge of its nature, many might fear it was the general idea of God by one of the monotheistic religions.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

Because they think that God is an imagined concept instead of a real force.  The truth is that God can be detected by non material means because God is a non material force.
    Could God be electro-magnetic energy?
    The power behind radio, TV and cell phones is electromagnetic… and invisible… our consciousness is electromagnetic energy.
    Is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient God a form of electromagnetic energy, as well?
    ...or perhaps God is way more subtle. 
    PS Has anyone closely observed butterfly wings?
    Who designed them? They are so exquisite!

1. 0
      Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What is a non-material means?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
        Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

1. 0
          Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Intuition is thought and thought is a product of the brain and the brain is made of matter.

Try again.

4. WiccanSage profile image96
    WiccanSageposted 2 years ago

I think it's all the religions and the arguing, with strong views or threats of punishment if you're wrong or if you question,  that turn people off or intimidate people.

5. miochaljose profile image59
    miochaljoseposted 2 years ago

Of-course there is some natural power which I can not or can never deny but still we have to do analysis over it what exactly it is.
    If its God, who has seen Him? No-one. Its we that made a concept that He exists and looking at us regularly.