jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

This sounds familiar but I was surprised to read it about a politician

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
    Disappearingheadposted 3 years ago

Edit: UK politician

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox … e-25793358

UK Member of Parliament blames the bad weather on David Cameron's decision to legalise gay marriage.

1. Silverspeeder profile image61
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The UK parliament has more than one nut in its bar of fudge.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's an accepted political ploy; the far religious right will believe anything if they think it conflicts with what their god wants.  And their vote will most definitely be affected as a result, along with any political contributions. 

Very highly doubtful that the politician in question actually believes such crap, but his constituents may.  Especially if it comes from such a "respected" authority as their politician.

1. Silverspeeder profile image61
        Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Politicians are full of crap, I was quite suppressed Milliband didn't blame the bankers for the bad weather.
        I am sure they will come up with something to convince us its all our fault so they can tax us for it.

1. wilderness profile image95

Of course they are, and of course they will

In my area they quite often prohibit use of wood stoves/fireplaces, and will assess fines if they catch it coming from your chimney.  Not global warming, but not much different, either - pollution from cars, trucks and industry means we can no longer heat our homes without killing people.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

It could be worse. One of ours was worried that Guam might tip over into the ocean if more people moved onto it.

1. wilderness profile image95

Hope swimming lessons are common there!

working