jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Michael Spencer Reports [CSMonitor March 10, 2009 edition]

1. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

Oneida, Ky. - We are on the verge – within 10 years – of a major collapse of evangelical Christianity. This breakdown will follow the deterioration of the mainline Protestant world and it will fundamentally alter the religious and cultural environment in the West.

Within two generations, evangelicalism will be a house deserted of half its occupants. (Between 25 and 35 percent of Americans today are Evangelicals.) In the "Protestant" 20th century, Evangelicals flourished. But they will soon be living in a very secular and religiously antagonistic 21st century.

This collapse will herald the arrival of an anti-Christian chapter of the post-Christian West. Intolerance of Christianity will rise to levels many of us have not believed possible in our lifetimes, and public policy will become hostile toward evangelical Christianity, seeing it as the opponent of the common good.

Millions of Evangelicals will quit. Thousands of ministries will end. Christian media will be reduced, if not eliminated. Many Christian schools will go into rapid decline. I'm convinced the grace and mission of God will reach to the ends of the earth. But the end of evangelicalism as we know it is close.  For the rest of the article go to http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0310/p09s01-coop.html

I didn't know if this would interest anyone.   I subscribe to this page for different news reports.  I thought might of interest to some.   Christianity/Evangelicals spook me.  Not in real favor of their ideals.  That's all I've got to say.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Good. About time.

3. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

35% of Americans on Evangelical Christians.  When you think about it- that is still a high number of Americans.  I doubt that the movement will completely fade into the horizon.  Maybe they are basing this information from the collection plate.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, if you just remember that religion is just another political game, - this reads awfully the same as all the political releases saying the economy will be fine/tank/recover/destroy itself by next year. big_smile

2. aka-dj profile image79
      aka-djposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We have a prophet among us! If you think that Christianity/church will be wiped out, (or reduced to near zero), maybe you should look at what's happening in "atheistic" countries. Places like former USSR, China, N. Korea. If it's not allowed in the open, it goes underground and "mushrooms".
      If you speak of the "rapture" of the church,maybe you have a point. All that will be left behind will be the empty shell of "Christianity". (I mean the christian religion). This will succomb to all the worlds ideology, and will blend in with all the others. Anti-christ will be in control, and you will all love him. (BTW, that devotion will be enforced).
      For all of you who think christians "shove religion down your thoats, "you aint seen nuthin' yet". Wait and see. sad (not my reccommended option).

1. RKHenry profile image80
        RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Snap! Dude,  I was stating a fact from the article.  Why don't you start from the beginning and then redirect your comment.  I am no prophet.  I don't care what you believe. I don't know nothing about Christian "rapture".  Don't want to know don't care.