jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Does Satan want a lot of debate?

1. 60
    descentiongalposted 2 years ago

I see so many people chewing at each other through the religious section of the forum and right away Satanic design comes to my head. If I ever read my bible correctly I swear I recall seeing parts regarding creating discord amongst believers. People in constant petty argument can not rally. If they can not rally sin is able to slip in and take root un noticed. Then Satan only needs to rattle a cage or two every now and then and slide everyone apart a little more each time.
    So I ask this question, why do so many here feel they need to argue so much? Especially regarding matters of Christianity.

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Satan? Really?

2. Righteous Atheist profile image59
      Righteous Atheistposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Why the need to blame some one other than the people doing the arguing?

2. aka-dj profile image79
    aka-djposted 2 years ago

Personally, I find it somewhat entertaining, in a good way.

Two things that come from it;
    1- I am challenged by other's views of all things spiritual/religious. Many times I asked myself, WHY do I hold the view (believe) what I do. I evaluate, and re-adjust my position.

2- I seriously doubt I would have the same opportunity to hold these discussions in the "real world".

I actually like the people I engage with, even though it may appear (very) antagonistic at times.

Satan sowing discord? Maybe. He's not about doing anything GOOd to, for, or on behalf of humanity.
    As Jesus said, he "only comes to steal, kill and destroy"

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

God alleged created us the way we are, so it seems He wanted people to be diverse and and talk to each other about this diversity.