jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

A Questionnaire for Christians, Muslims, and All Theists

1. Thomas Swan profile image93
    Thomas Swanposted 2 years ago

Over the past few years, I've been asking myself how and why people start believing in God (or any other deity). As an agnostic, I feel like I'm missing out on something, and that if I knew about the conditions under which theistic beliefs form, I might be able to experience something similar one day. I've come up with various theories and ideas, and listened intently to the words of believers, but I've never done a proper survey before... until now.

The survey is called "How did your theistic beliefs form?" and it is available here:
    https://www.quicksurveys.com/s/Ri9d3G6

It is only for people who have a belief in a god/deity. It should take roughly 10 minutes to complete. There are some basic demographic questions at the start, but it's completely anonymous (i.e. you don't give your name). Basically, I'd like you to share your conversion/revelation experiences with me, and any significant events in your life that led up to those experiences.

I've been a hubpages member for 2 years, and this was the first place I thought of when launching this survey. Hubpages has a friendly atmosphere full of intelligent, personable people, so I hope that some of you will have the time and patience to help me answer these questions. Ideally, I'd like to write up the results in a research paper, so if you'd like to be kept informed about any publications, feel free to leave your email address in the "feedback" space at the end.

1. profile image0
      Mklow1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did it. I look forward to seeing your follow-up on the information you gathered.

2. TwerkZerker profile image93
      TwerkZerkerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Done!

Thomas Swanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks TwerkZerker!

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 2 years ago

Took your survey. Good luck in your search for answers.

Thank you Emile. Much appreciated!

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 2 years ago

Done!

big_smile

Thank you Motown2Chitown!

4. grand old lady profile image90
    grand old ladyposted 2 years ago

Done. Your survey is so well formatted, I was thankful that you made it user friendly. Good luck in your research and I look forward to reading your hub.

Thanks grand old lady! I was lucky the `quicksurvey' site was so easy to use. A hub is probably a good idea too. I won't quote what anyone has said, as I believe this is confidential, but I think the results can be generalized. Thanks again for taking the time for this.

5. aka-dj profile image79
    aka-djposted 2 years ago

Why not?!
    I took it too.

Hope it helps.
    Blessings

Much appreciated aka-dj! It certainly helps. I'm delighted by the number of responses so far.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Took it also.  I hope you find what you need.

Thanks SirDent! I'm finding all of the replies very helpful so far.

6. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 2 years ago

Awesome survey, Thomas! Hope I wasn't too confusing, LOL! Good luck! smile

Cheers MysticMoonlight. Not at all. I've found the responses quite illuminating. It's particularly nice to hear about some of the lesser known belief systems.

working