jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Who Listens When God Cries..?

1. Mandhla Moyo profile image61
    Mandhla Moyoposted 2 years ago via iphone

I mean, who said God does not cry...? Christ did, a divine entity, one in the trinity, God the son and as He parable taught he who has seen the son has seen the father...
    Anyway, I woke up to another news headline on the assassination of a Sheik who had extremist views on Islam and was allegedly involved in the recruitment of youth to Al-shabaab, he denied the accusations but before he could plea his case he was shot down outside a courthouse... As if that in itself is too much food for our starved thought- it was the comments that followed that really got me wondering through my confused thoughts on where did we lose it as a people...

In a country predominantly christian even in political governance, for people to applaud murder, or claim it Gods will... I mean the god I know rejoices at the wailing of souls as they depart the realm of the living is Hades, not Jah, YHWH, Allah... All these religions that claim a merciful God seems to be on frontline pages in terror based not love based headlines... What happened to our faiths, and if we find them failing why do we still have need for them?

I promise with such horrors we commit and hide our motives behind God, hiding our dirt in the masters temple, how dare we-
    I as a human being have love for life so much it actually does not take faith to solidify that reality, I preserve self the best I can and know why and my faith explains why I act that way. Personally I cannot stand it when we hide behind religion to achieve our sadistic or general self realized ideals...

I worry about God. I mean, I believe in a God of emotion and look around you, I worry about God sometimes.

1. bottlerocketeer profile image60
      bottlerocketeerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I worry much more about the victims (and their families) of such "terror based headlines" by religious people than I do about the emotional well-being of the supposedly sacred mythologies that inspire the atrocities in the first place.  I realize that there are other causes for religious violence than simple religious motivation, so I am not trying to turn this around into a Hitchens-esque "religion poisons everything" argument.

But really, I don't think it is sensible to waste time considering the suffering of an omnipotent being when there is plenty of real human tragedy in the world to go around.  If God is real, then it can certainly take its troubles into its own hands, don't you think?  And maybe after that, it might find time to use a miniscule fragment of its infinite power to stop the killing and oppression being carried out all the time in its own name.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

I have trouble imagining an omniscient and omnipotent being performing an action of His tear ducts.  And if He did, well, He created the world the way it is.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I wonder what it sounds like when doves cry.