jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

The TSA strikes again!

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Article in my local paper - in a rare report on what the TSA is actually accomplishing, they found another loaded weapon in carry on luggage in the little Boise, Idaho airport.  The weapon had 10 rounds loaded , including one in the chamber.  Boise police were notified, who confiscated the weapon and cited the passenger.  He will have to pay a penalty to the TSA, possibly several thousand dollars.

This is the fifth incident this year, and the second this week.  Ten loaded weapons were found in 2013. 

The moral?  Don't complain when you are searched.  Don't complain when a wheelchair, child's bag or bulky clothing (Depends) is searched.  Loaded weapons are still coming into the airports with the intent of carrying them onto the plane - perhaps the one you are seated in.

2. Zelkiiro profile image83
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Communist trash! I'll take my gun onto a plane if I want to! Because this is 'Murica! And in 'Murica, I take my guns wherever I want!

wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Then I will too!  It will be the OK corral in the sky!

1. Zelkiiro profile image83
        Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You know what it's time for...? DOGFIGHTS PEW PEW PEW

KA-BLOWEY

PEW PEW PEW

KER-PLOWEY

Hey!  Not fair!  I can't make such neat-o sounds. sad

2. Craig Suits profile image81
      Craig Suitsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Brilliant Zelkiiro...Lets hope one day you don't forget your coveted weapon and you piss someone off that hasn't forgot theirs....

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 3 years ago

This is a somewhat public school mentality. Intent to harm goes a long way in determining if an action is dangerous. Finding that some idiot attempted to circumvent the rules is not tantamount to proving that we are somehow safer because the idiot wasn't thinking through how his actions might be perceived.

I haven't heard anything about the case. Was he, indeed, a terrorist? Was there evidence of intent to remove the gun from the carry on during the flight?

I'm not arguing against the value of TSA regulations. Just attempting to point out that every infraction documented is not evidence of a disaster thwarted.

When every one of those trying to sneak weapons on board claim innocence of intentional wrongdoing, how can you tell which is a terrorist? 

As far as  intent to remove the gun from the carry on during the flight - who knows?  It never got on board, which was probably a good thing.  There isn't a person in this country that thinks it is still legal to carry a weapon on board a plane, so it was an obvious attempt to circumvent the law.

4. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I don't want a civilian with a gun on the plane with me. I don't care if they are technically "a terrorist" or not.

+1 That's how I feel, too.  Self protection, a hunter, an Olympic triathalete - it doesn't matter.  Check the guns into the belly of the plane, where they canNOT be used.

working