jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Did anyone see the Movie :God is Dead:

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
    Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago

What do you think of it.

They almost everyone in class to believe :God is dead" Then the entire class believer changed

1. speer138 profile image59
      speer138posted 2 years ago in reply to this

i thought is was cheesy and unrealistic. especially that end there. kind of a typical christian made movie. i dont see why christian movies can have good stories, with realistic situations, and at least average acting. i watched it because i thought the concept of the movie was great. i would love to see it remade and have the focus of the movie on the kid expanding on all the arguments he touched on in the movie. all of his arguments are good when laid out in detail, but dont mean much when mentioned like a passing wind.

2. EncephaloiDead profile image60
    EncephaloiDeadposted 2 years ago

Are you referring to the movie:

"Gods Not Dead"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review … iew-690393

Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's right "God Not Dead"

The poster fooled me, it had a student replacing a billboard with the word "not" over the title"God is Dead".  Ask the ticket cashier if the movie was good, she said she preferred the movie Captain America.  That movie timing was not right for me. Then asked her- may I see "God is Dead" She did not correct me, shows how much we both wanted to remember it.

This movie like the most hypocritical piece of propaganda ever. Have not researched this film if it was really base on a true story. movie ends with a list of court cases proclaiming them as examples of this type of situation, but fails to give any detailed information.

Every character in this movie was either portrayed as an idiot (the reporter), a terrible person (the boyfriend), an abusive father (the Muslim), or a God hater (the atheist professor). The atheists professor was hurt over his mothers death and blamed God.  He require every students to sign an agreement that "God is dead." or you will fail. Later in the film the professor got hit by a car at which point the Pastor in the movie runs to him telling him this is his last chance to accept Jesus as his lord and Savior.

A control freak dad  slaps around his daughter because she is listening to the bible on tape.

The movie points out, without God nothing matters and you can't have morals and everything is permissible or no way to have hope in life.

the list of court cases was the one real piece of information. obviously they listed so many, they couldn't give detail for each one. the organization that represented all those cases is call alliance defending freedom. i believe they take cases for all religions, not just Christianity.

I find atheist and Christians too often onesided.

Conflict sells, I quess.

i agree with that.

working