Are YOU happy with the current state of America? If so, what aspects

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9117199.jpg
    of American society and the changes that you are happy with?  If not, what aspects of American society that you dislike and the reasons therein?   If you are not happy with the current state of American society, in your opinion, how could American society be better?

1. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This one I'll have to stay out of for obvious reasons so I'll comment with a question and then unfollow.

I have an American friend with health insurance yet $100,000 in medical debt. What's up with that?

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Overall I am happy with the U.S. society. Change is constant and inevitable. When change occurs I either accept it and discover the constant while knowing it will change again (a matter of when) and then adapt or I don't. That acceptance is afforded until a law comes about penalizing. That is negative reinforcement.

So, the main ideology I do not appreciate and think is faulty is the archaic methodology of negative reinforcement, punishment, and extinction as the mainline (primary) thinking for learning / conditioning seeking behavior change. That IMHO is the cause for so many laws and the hindrance those cause for positive change for the masses. I tend to think that is changing, yet will take a lot more time than my lifetime. However, I feel and can project there is hope with the future and those generations as that archaic methodology is phased out as being primary. How can that occur? What a maze that is LOL.

The U.S. is stuck. It is a world leader if not 'the' world leader as a nation. It's reliance of leadership is democracy, its economic system, its technology, and its good will however that is administrated. As a nation it has grown beyond its borders and that is irrevocable. So, its society is no longer within its borders. It is beyond its borders.

Historically leadership always changes . . . always. It is inevitable. The question on the worldwide spectrum is when and how will the U.S. society change to survive that inevitability. That will be interesting for historians one day to examine. It is beyond my comprehension. However, the society I reside I can make a difference one way or the other. Maybe that is the best place to start while learning to trust again the leadership of the community I reside. After all the only power I have today is the vote and not to break any laws other than free enterprise as an employee, independent contractor, or business owner (a share holder is a business owner).

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 9 years ago

I don't think anyone's had any reason to be happy since 2001, for several reasons (the new President, the down-turning economy, the elephant in the room).

Now, 2014 is a hell of a lot better than 2006 was, so at least that's something.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Have not been back to the USA since WW Bush kick me out for not being warlike enough to his standards. When USA looses much of their over focus on Finance, War, and Religion they will be Happier for it. Yes, America is getting better slowly yet still in a second wave of depression.

3. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

America has been being dismantled for over a century. The changes have been gradual and cunning. At each turn, the power brokers have created problems in order to have their "solutions" written into law. One of those laws as the creation of their private central bank. Through it, they control the country.

The power brokers (Rockefellers, Rothschilds and their ilk) don't care about America or any individual nation. They're looking forward to world domination -- a New World Order where their selfishness rules.

Both Bush and Obama have been front men for the power brokers, pushing the agenda to strip down the Constitution and Bill of  Rights. Tyranny has been growing. Lies are now so commonplace, politicians barely hide them.

9/11 was an inside job -- murder by corporate-government hegemony. And so many people within government and corporations benefited from it.

Since this is in a religious forum, I suspect the intent has been to label religion as a possible problem. Perhaps it is a symptom of a far deeper problem -- ego.

Some have perverted religion as a divisive element.

Just as "war" has been redefined as "peacekeeping actions," biblical interpretation has been perverted to a literal accounting that is as far from Truth as anything can get.

But this perversion of religion is just a symptom similar to the symptom of making people feel that discussing "conspiracies" is equal to "crazy talk." And, of course, those who conspire would love to create that kind of barrier. It makes conspiring to do harm that much easier when no one is looking for fear of being labeled a kook.

On a superficial level, it would appear that the biggest thing that American needs is a swift dose of critical thinking and good data sources (the news media sucks).

But far more than this, America needs love from each one of us. Not the selfish love that has corrupted our perception of things, but the non-egoistic, non-self-concerned version of love that gives without any thought of return. This is pure altruism. This is turning the other cheek. This will heal the world. Anything less will lead to immense suffering for all.

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
      Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's all a symptom of making people feel that Odin doesn't exist! Of course, the ice giants would love to create that kind of barrier--it makes defeating Odin that much easier when no one is lending him aid for fear of being labeled a kook!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)