jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Last thing I need to say... 'God exists'

1. Prodio profile image62
    Prodioposted 2 years ago

You may spend away a life being an atheist, an agnostic, an intellectual under self-deception, a pro-science supporter, an anti-spiritual being trying to make everyone and everything 'scientific' - but - as you go through your life this way - you would (might) slowly approach towards a different reality - like someone emerging from an all-engulfing darkness - towards light...

1. Disappearinghead profile image87
      Disappearingheadposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well if god is as is claimed he is then he wouldn't get so worked up about whether or not people believed in him especially that the reason people don't believe is because he has not made himself known to them in a way that maintains their intellectual integrity. It seems to be an odd thing that people think belief is the requirement instead of actions.

Prodioposted 2 years ago in reply to this
      2. lone77star profile image90
        lone77starposted 2 years ago in reply to this

DH, good point from the intellectual perspective, but this whole "game" isn't about getting smarter. It's about waking up as spiritual beings. This requires that each individual make a conscious, feeling "decision" to wake up. It cannot be forced upon us. We cannot be tricked into it with flashy displays of power from on high.

Like a baby learning to walk, if adults do the walking for them, they will never really learn how to do it on their own.

Our frustration is part of the learning process.

Faith needs no proof. Once you perform miracles, then the need for faith is behind you. You already have it. Proof never comes into play. The need for proof only gets in the way.

Intellectualizing it all removes it from the realm of creation to the effect-based realm of action-reaction, continuity-based reality. This is the wrong place to stand for spiritual reawakening.

Ultimately, we need to give up the false, ego self. And the way to do that is to love others as yourself. Give to them as if they were you, but never be self-concerned (what am I getting out of this). Take full responsibility for what others do against you. This makes being a victim impossible and makes turning the other cheek effortless. This is the unlimited power of God's Love.

1. 0
          Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

True that! One needs to control ones own ego and understand that they can't perform miracles.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You may also spend your life as a theist, going through life deceiving yourself into believing that a creature from another universe will save you from dying.  Or, through time, you may develop a sense of reason, of logical thought, and leave the deceptions and imaginary friends of childhood behind.  You may emerge from a lifelong darkness, into light and  truth, living in reality instead of your own dark imagination.

Or you may not...

Isn't it fun to be insulting? sad

3. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It seems to me that someone who starts dozens of threads about how horrible atheism is may be struggling with doubts. Otherwise why would they care so much what other adults decide to think about the world?

2. Prodio profile image62
    Prodioposted 2 years ago

God may not be necessarily what you think 'it' is.

3. lone77star profile image90
    lone77starposted 2 years ago

Prodio, great points.

The last thing we need is "proof" of God. Our rescue mission depends on Faith -- not intellect.

God is love and unlimited, unconditional bestowal. He wants us to have unlimited pleasure, infinite awareness and all the power of creation.

This takes being love, just like Him. He has no self-concern, so He has no limitations.

Prodioposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, lone77star. You have the key.

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
        Paul Wingertposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If I start believing in your nonsense, do I get a key too?

4. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

God exists...in the minds of gullible people who need a convenient crutch to answer a question they have no answer to.

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Just cut the brain out and Obey is the key to faith.

Where to I sign up???
      … yet first, show me how this all makes good sense toward our balance in life and for most of the World who is not even aware of this blind faith as it’s the only right way to God.