GOP Governor Battles Satanists

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

I was watching young turks again on youtube, and they had a very interesting story that I'd love to get all your opinions on if that's okay.  Here's a link to the video:

Assuming you did watch the video, what do you think about it?

1. 0
      Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What exactly are we worried about? Does anyone really think that such a ritual will bring about any change? That's why the guys was laughing, because it's down right silly. It's rather like attempting to conjure up Voldemort. People messing with people, not people messing with God or Satan. If you want to erect religious statues and say anyone can someone will mess with you to show you how silly they are.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 2 years ago

I don't know anything about the satanic churches. I don't know what they believe, but for that guy to unilaterally state they don't believe in satan and laugh because the governor, obviously a Christian, does sounds like biased reporting. To be honest, the whole video was biased against the idea of anyone being upset by other religious beliefs. I get that, but if you think of what the figure of satan represents, is it so odd to find someone outraged?  I think we'd be outraged by the ideals, so how is it odd that those who see the ideals personified appalling are somehow ridiculous? Their outrage is the same, simply perceived in a different manner.

I see pushy, in your face, behavior patterns like these no different than the Westboro Baptist church shoving their views into the public eye. The KKK having a rally. Trucks on the road with large posters of aborted babies plastered on the side. A southern flag in the back window of a truck. It's pushing hatred into the face of perceived hatred. Attempts to solicit knee jerk reactions to egotistical and selfish behavior patterns. The governor reacted exactly the way they wanted. It gave food for fodder to a guy who wanted to laugh at the right wing. They gained all they wanted from the experience. I see no reason to cheer on behavior patterns which we quickly condemn in others, simply because their views are not in line with our own.