Why Atheist does not believe in God?

Jump to Last Post 51-73 of 73 discussions (336 posts)
  1. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Lol why oh why do you attract the nutters, I have heard of babe magnets but you Cole are a fruitcake magnet, you just lure em out of the nuthouses smile

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eyes may be? smile

1. Colebabie profile image59
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe wink

1. profile image49
          badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol nooooo, ya just love winding em up, tis too easy in the religious though, tis like stealing candy from a baby smile

I just respond to what they say. I think they see me as a young weak girl. They assume they can teach me what they believe in and make me think its right. When because I'm a young strong girl I can fight back and will do more in this world than they ever will.

1. profile image49

You mean to tell me yer not a weak young girl, jeeeez and there was me thinking you were. Methinks you love to kick religious ass young Cole, you are a bad girl smile

Not religious ass. Discriminatory, bullying, closed-minded ass! smile

1. profile image0
                  sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Snook'ums! You're still a killer! A powerful indepedent mind! A woman of the future! A leader, a spokesperson, a creative genious! You stand for all the good things little girls should sugar and spice and everything nice! I fear you attract the wrong kind of attention from the bad boys. Peace.

2. profile image0

No God, No morals, No credo!

1. profile image49

No shit !

1. profile image0

Ummmm exactly! I think. Peace.

2. profile image49

Amongst other things lol !

2. profile image49

Jeeeez just looked at the title of this topic, bit sodding obvious really isnt it. It's like asking why does a Nun not believe in sex, who asks this crap ?

3. profile image49

Just checked yer profile Cole, writing Confessions of a Waitress, put my name down for the 1st copy, and signed smile

As soon as I finish it will be on it's way smile

4. profile image49

Only reply to young girls then, bit freaky to me, doncha think ?

5. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Deduct from your lack of writing skills?  What would be left?

1. profile image0

Huh?

6. profile image49

You bore me now, go get yer rod and get some fishing in up in those lakes in Colorado. Because ya know what, I am off to bed and methinks only the stupid Colorado fish will take yer bait.

Peace smile

1. profile image0

Cheers! Thanks for the banter! And again I apologize for my gramer. Peace.

1. profile image49

Lol no worries, I enjoyed it. Goodnight my friend, no worries about the grammar, take care !

7. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

I thought this topic was killed! Why is it back?

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because you are god. LMFAO

8. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

I think most atheists secretly do believe in God.  Even Mark.  They can be good people too. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Speaking for myself - as opposed to you lying for me. I do not.

And I will thank you to keep your irrational assumptions to what god thinks.

2. Colebabie profile image59

Why do you have to believe in God to be a good person? Regardless of whether or not I believe in God, I know I'm a good person.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Seems to be like a virus this 'assuming' habit lol

hmmm..

10. Wingrider profile image64
    Wingriderposted 14 years ago

I thought the hub gods said no more bickering in the religious forums!!!!   I love this!!!!!

11. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Atheists don't believe in god because they believe in themselves. Ask Mark Knowles
    And by the way, I'm one of them big_smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you also a Pastafarian?

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what's that?lol I'm new here I don't get it...must be cool! lol

Not only is it cool - it is the One True Way........

to get overwheight! lol

Skinny is a sin.

So it is written.............

Tell a model LOL! Maybe that's because they sin so much.! Thanks god! lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image62

I'm not a true believer in FSM, I consider his existence to be one of many possibilities.  I'll let one of his disciples, (or if you are very fortunate, his representative here on Earth) explain it.

You just need to open your mind. If you are willing, and He is so inclined - you will be touched by His Noodly Appendage in a non sexual way (unless that is your preference)......

I am sick of you semolinists trying to ram this crap down my throat.  If I want to be touched by a noodly appendgae, I'll scrape together the airfare to Nigeria to get it.

If you are unwilling, you will not be touched.

Free will baby, free will.

Although.......... we have a beer volcano and stripper factory in our heaven. And muffins...... Up to you, of course......... No pressure.........

2. profile image0

Go ahead and laugh, you may not need to worry about that heating bill this winter! ( the key word is 'may' I wouldn't want to reinforce your steriotypes snook'ums!)

lol lol lol lol....

1. profile image0

Whoa Dude! Where did you get the laughing eye? Sweet!

What are you talking about, Willis? yikes

1. profile image0

Now taters just turn that frown upside down and you'll have a happy eye! And if you're happy and you know it go ahead and clap your hands!

ps-I'm one of those grossly misled Christians. Peace.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image76
                    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its an alien right? one of the walking dead, used too much face powder kinda creatures.

12. Wingrider profile image64

Topic: Why atheist doesn't believe in god.  For one thing there is no substantiated proof.Why is it that all the bible carrying Christians insist that anyone that doesn't believe in god is just plain evil and and out to take over the world? I'm just a normal person just like most others, I have compassion for other people, I try to help when I can or deem needed, I don't try to push my beliefs on anyone else, I simply use my mind and try to think for myself. I don't even know that I'm atheist. I personally believe that there is some reasoning behind everything being the way that it is,,I would prefer to believe that there is just cosmic energy that does keep things in harmony. I just don't believe in the bible.  It was written entirely by men (which tend to lie to suit their own needs, good or bad) and no one can present facts that prove anything different. On the other hand science can prove that things have existed long before the bible acknowledges it, even things that the bible ignores completely. I do know that there have been religions long before Christianity that don't completely coincide with christian beliefs, so are you as a christian to say that everyone that doesn't believe in what you believe in is doomed to hell even though their religion has been in existence longer than your own? What about the poor souls before your religion, are they all doomed to hell? The real truth is most people need something to believe in , just to manage all the stresses life posses on them. If believing in god is your way of coping with reality and it works for you ,, good,, go with it,, but don't condemn someone else because they choose to deal with life's stresses on their own with no help from your god.

1. profile image0

Wingrider? Nice moped!(sorry the devil made me say it) Where in the hell do you meet Christians that say you're evil? Do you have Christian friends that like you? You look to be older than sixteen so you must know atleast know one decent Christian. Well I don't think you're going to hell unless you really want to. You're right he helps me cope and I'm grateful so I thank him for his blessings. If you want to know the truth about heaven and hell do alittle reading, too often we go with our instincts and miss the meaning. I'm sure you're very self reliant and you never have to say thanks to anyone.

The Bible is quite clear on Heaven, there are three levels of glory. Your deeds towards your fellow man and your respect for God will determine your level. Look at it as if you're at the ballpark, if you only do what it takes to get by you'll be in the nosebleeds. If your efforts are sincere and you give to God what is Gods you'll be in the mezzanine and if you find it in you to go all the way and let the lord in your life and you help the least you'll be in the field boxes. Its the same for your efforts at work, work hard and reap the rewards.

Hell does exist and so does the advisary. Hes the voice in your head that tells you those Christians are wack! That doesn't mean your doomed to hell it just means you may not be as happy with your final seating.Peace.

13. Wingrider profile image64

tantrum ,,
    you have to believe in the the spaghetti god ,, I already told 'em I believe in the vodka god

I pass lol...you should belief in me!

14. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Personally I do not care what other people believe.

Mark, there is work to be done.

Ramen

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ron,

Not sure what you are talking about, but as I said I do not care what people believe because that is their business.  I do not try to convert people, etc.  Oh well, misunderstood once again lol.

You are not allowed to not care what others think.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
            SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ron,

I am allowed to not care what others think because when it comes to religion I do not tell others what to think.  You are miscontruing what I am talking about.  Please try to be more low key with me.

Will do.  You joined the thread late and obviously were not in on our brand of humor.  No insult or attack intended.

Now go get your shine box! (also a joke)

15. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYaaaawnnnn!
    Too tired for debates on...zzzzzzzzzzzz

1. profile image0

Too tired to shave to?

16. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

That is fine.  In a blue moon I can be humorous, but I am not the jokester type per sae.

17. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Awww shucks what of the 'Angel Hair' smile

1. profile image0

Wheres the cocoa? I don't know about 'Angel Hair', but do you have Oreos?

18. getpaidtopost profile image40
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

because its true, there is no god, no creator, no nothing. IMO If you can prove otherwise then I'm all ears.

You can't prove God. You can only feel it...Something i'm incapable of...Thanks God!!!! lol

1. profile image0

Wow! You're an angry little eye! But in your case that could be eyedeal! Hardyharhar! Get it! Eye....Deal!

Thank you! of course I'm ideal lol

2. getpaidtopost profile image40
          getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol ideal is an sitcom from the UK staring a good friend of mine Michael Pennington otherwise know as Johnny Vegas. All about a weed dealer and a dealers flat. Not sure you have this in the US however it has been on sky so not sure.

1. profile image0
            1. getpaidtopost profile image40

I am trying but now one listens. lol

1. profile image0

We're all here for you! Fight the good fight!

2. profile image0

Oh? If you're all ears how will you see the proof? Wait! I get it you're fool'n me!Peace.

19. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Where did all the atheists go? I must have saved them from themselves, or not. Com'on its ok most Christians don't bite we want you to be happy and we do know whats best for you! If that doesn't start a fight nothing will.

I thought you wanted peace... so peace,,,peace...piss off! lol

1. profile image0

I'm not surprised atheists have no control over their indifference. Peace and a hug.

Peace and a hug. Good night!

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I'm lurking, but nothing here so far... smile

20. getpaidtopost profile image40
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

I was an alter boy for the catholic church when i was at school and was brainwashed for all my childhood and part of my adult life, brainwashed with bull. Then my 2 year old nephew ran out into the road and was killed by a speeding car. At this point in my life I started to question my belief. I am now atheists and am proud to be atheists as IMO there is no god, humans are just like any Bacteria we live we bread we die.

Sorry about your nephew!... and for the rest Amen!

1. getpaidtopost profile image40

No problem this was 15 years ago now and although I will never forget, it does get easier, its just the image of him lay on the road in a pool of blood this image will never leave me I wish it would.

2. profile image0

I'm so sad for your loss, children are so precious. As far as your atheism, Yikes!

21. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Sorrow and grieve
    takes away all belief.
    I'm saying good night! Wishing the best 4 u smile

22. Wingrider profile image64

@ sneakorocksolid

I do believe that somewhere in your bible is a phrase that says something about the only way to the kingdom of heaven is through the savior Jesus Christ. Now that being the case , if I, or anyone else for that matter chooses not to believe in your religion we must be going somewhere other than your heaven, presumably hell

1. profile image0

Well yes on Jesus, but hell would probably be out of the range of possibilities. I'm a card carrying Christian if you met me you would never know it. I consider this an ideolgy battle where we can debate  out of arms reach. We believe Hell is only for the most evil and atheist bikers, just kidding! Peace.

23. Wingrider profile image64

@ sneakorocksolid

or could it be that, like everyone else through history you just read it to be whatever you want to make of it.In which case you really don't believe in the crap that's in it any more than I do

1. profile image0

Well I do believe it all with my heart but I understand I have function. Some of my friends wouldn't know what a church looked like! I go almost every Sunday. I don't preach but if they asked I'd offer what I know. If I started preach'n in the duck blind they'd throw me out and make me swim back while they take shots at me!Peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)