jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (41 posts)

The World Would BE Completely Spiritualized by 2050

1. God shet profile image60
    God shetposted 2 years ago

"Back, you know, a few generations ago, people didn't have a way to share information and express their opinions efficiently to a lot of people. But now they do. Right now, with social networks and other tools on the Internet, all of these 500 million people have a way to say what they're thinking and have their voice be heard."

~ Mark Zuckerberg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11814796_f520.jpg

I think the death of (organized) religions is very near. The rate at which people are interacting with each other throughout the world (through Facebook, Google, etc, and even through HubPages) - if we combine that with what's happening in cloud computing and in the developments of easy-to-use computing devices (iPad & others) - it's pretty clear that 50 years from now - humanity would enter a new consciousness about the reality that they live in.

I think what we had been experiencing throughout the previous centuries - can be compared to the phenomenon of, say, four cats forming a nation in your house, then another four cats forming another nation somewhere in the neighborhood - and then, within a month - you get an entire nationally divided 'feline world' in your locality. 

The cats may fancy that they are different from each other - but they're not!

Cosmically speaking, we are like a small family of sentient beings who are inhabiting this planet. And the internet would definitely bring us a lot closer during the next fifty years.

As we plumb the depths within ourselves, and as we touch the spiritual depths within others, we would discover, with a delighting surprise, that nationality, language, gender, attributes, money - all these are utterly superficial barriers that we, the spirits, have formed around ourselves out of disconnection and egoistic ignorance. And that we all have spiritual resources within ourselves to remove those barriers - and to create a world which would be as good as we can imagine it to be.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Do you view this "reality" we live in as a computer chip?  What does computing power have to do with a new consciousness of the reality we live in?  Or even a passing connection with a stranger across the world with whom we will never speak again?

And above all, what is new or different about reality?  It has always been there, always been the same, and does not include another "place" where our "spirituality" resides or exists.  While 50 years will certainly see a change in our perception and understanding of the reality around us, it is quite unlikely to include any spiritual understandings; those always come from the imagination inside us and are different for every person.

God shetposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Where does any of your imaginations come from?

Inside my brain.  Where do you think it comes from?

What is it (imagination) made of?

neural pathways and electron flows.  What did you think it is made of?

How do electrons imagine?

1. profile image0
                  Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Collectively.

Are you attempting to insert a God Done It here? Are you asserting God Done It because you don't understand it?

1. Duane Townsend profile image87
                    Duane Townsendposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I understand what God shet is saying. There is a collective consciousness which is past brain, neurons and individuality. This is where 'imagination' emanates. There is a non-material realm of reality that is constantly speaking to us, individually and collectively, it wants to tell us its secrets.
                    "I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking" ~ Albert Einstein

2. God shet profile image60

No. I didn't imply any of those things that you have suggested that I did. You heard a lot of sounds which weren't there.

"Some people see and hear other people or things that aren't really there, it's a very serious disorder. The mind can do amazing things sometimes in error and sometimes in order to calm or hide us from reality."

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2642273

2. psycheskinner profile image80
                  psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The same way bacteria have digestion and neurons have pain.

3. wilderness profile image95

Now that's a silly question - you're deteriorating here.  Can you answer no questions, just supply meaningless ones we all already know the answer to?

2. Duane Townsend profile image87
    Duane Townsendposted 2 years ago

Yep...just as I said above.
    Conversing with the fundamentally religious and the atheist is the same experience.

1. Righteous Atheist profile image61
      Righteous Atheistposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ah - more holier than thou. Well done. You must have a much, much higher understanding than the rest of us. wink

working