jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Espanola Ghost

1. 0
    Emile Rposted 2 years ago

Has anyone seen the video of the ghost caught on tape by the Espanola police department in NM?  I've been watching and waiting to hear it was a hoax but it appears they honestly believe it is a ghost. The video image was taken in a secured area where no one should have been. I've put a link to a video here.

http://canadajournal.net/science/espano … 5696-2014/

Has anyone heard anymore about it? It appears most of the videos that were online are now no longer available. I find that odd.

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Emile. I have. I have.

He may not be Bill Murray but this “ghost buster” says, “All evidence suggests that Officer Romero's first guess about the object's identity was the correct one: it is actually a bug or insect on the camera, not a human ghost in the yard.

Another important clue to solving this mystery can be found in the way the object moves. As Officer Romero noted, the "ghost" does seem to have legs — six or eight of them, not two. The movement of the glowing mystery fuzz is smooth and even, a sign that its weight is being carried and distributed on four or more legs.”

A paranormal investigator of the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society was also skeptical. Bryan Bonner is quoted as saying, "That has to be one of the worst videos that I have seen. The image appears to have been caused by a small insect (possibly a small spider) crawling on the plastic case that houses the lens." {2}

Is this thread suppose to prepare us for Halloween? big_smile
      {1}  http://news.discovery.com/human/psychol … 140927.htm
      {2} http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/ … reaked.htm

1. Sed-me profile image84
        Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Duh! Everyone knows ghosts only have TWO legs!

2. 0
        Emile Rposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I must not be using the right search engine. I couldn't find anything when trying to find alternate theories. I didn't think the movement looked quite natural, but then I thought that was an odd expectation; seeing as how the claim of a ghost isn't natural. And, considering the amount of surveillance video the world has, it seemed incredibly odd we hadn't seen a ghost on one before, if it was possible.

So, thanks for sharing the probable answer. It makes more sense than a ghost purposefully moving across a police compound.

2. Arachnea profile image85
    Arachneaposted 2 years ago

It's also possible that it is a ghost. The tethered spirit of a spider or other multi-legged insect. Maybe the insect come ghost didn't die of natural causes.

1. Sed-me profile image84
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it was the ghost of a spider.

1. Jomine Jose profile image80
        Jomine Joseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Holy Ghost!!