Understanding the Nature of a Psychological 'Virus'

1. God shet profile image61
    God shetposted 2 years ago

The 'Ebola virus' has captured our imagination. Personally speaking, I regard television channels, advertisements, and the media as a whole ~ to be as deadly as the Ebola virus.

We do not spend much effort to understand our own minds. The thing that we have termed as 'mind' ~ is very interesting in itself. Very few people have ever touched its depths while studying this thing. Your mind can get 'infected'. It's quite a paradigm shifting idea.

I became aware of the existence of this phenomenon at a quite early age. I was unfortunate enough to have run across a few rash people during my childhood ~ and I had to face and witness how this (let's call it) 'spiritual contamination' spreads from one child to another.

I had become friends with children who were precocious about unhealthy sex practices and knew how (some) adults perform them. They didn't tell me anything 'directly' about these things. But I could 'sense' 'the nastiness of this (unsettled) creature' -  just under the surface of their consciousness. It's just one of the many 'creatures' that they cherished within themselves. And that one is rather easier to describe verbally (by means of language).

There were also very peculiar sorts of inferiority complexes that I could 'smell' whenever I was around them. They were ashamed about a lot of things about themselves.

They felt it almost like a crime to admit the truths about their lives, their parents and siblings, almost everything!

This phenomenon of 'spiritual contamination' is something very real, and is as much dangerous as any untreatable virus, if not more so. And it kills the spirit - as well as the body and material assets - unlike any biological contagion like Ebola.

1. 0
      Emile Rposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it's not an infection but a purposeful invasion.

1. God shet profile image61
        God shetposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Actually it's both. It starts as a 'a purposeful invasion', and ends up as a contagious infection.