jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Treating the Religion Forum Well

1. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

As much as I'm for a debate, and I enjoy reading them, the fact that the most frequently responded to threads of late are nothing short of arguments, derogatory remarks and namecalling/fingerpointing between people is very discouraging.

So again, for the umpteenth time, I urge you all to consider this:

Respect the views of others, even if you disagree with their views.  Most of us are reasonable, thoughtful folks with varied backgrounds, which means our views are likelier than not going to differ wildly.

The purpose of this forum section is not to belittle the religious beliefs of other people - please refrain from doing so.

No matter what your belief system, be it Christian, Islamic, Atheist, Pastafarian, or Animistic, or anything in between or around it, feel free to engage in discussion about your belief system, within the spirit of community and the spirit of sharing knowledge.

Most importantly, know that the people you find here are just that - people - and you, while not obligated to like or agree with each other, should at least TRY to behave with something like courtesy and respect, refraining from personal attacks, petty bickering, or slurs and insults.

By treating each other well, even in the heat of a debate, valuable knowledge and understanding can be achieved.  I know you all can do it.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Come on Charlotte, with such a pic on the 1st of April nobody takes you seriously tongue

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

No doubt smile Yet it is still the 1st of April smile