jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

How Would You Make An Alien Know?

1. 0
    Deborah Sextonposted 22 months ago

That wind exists?
    So many times I am told to prove my Beliefs, and prove God exists.

in another thread a guy said "We can't see wind,  and we can't prove there is wind, but we know it exists anyway", to which someone stated that we certainly can prove there is wind... We know it's there because we can feel it on our faces

But let's say you were abducted...
    The aliens have never seen or felt wind/air, and didn't even know it existed, after all, they are from another planet (because your air tank is almost empty) you try to explain what air is, what it looks, feels, and sounds like....

You mission
    Prove to the aliens that air, and wind exists...and explain how you know it's there, Convince them that you personally breathe it into your lungs, even though they can't see it, and it keeps you alive. take your time to convince them, ..., you have no artificial way to make air..so that's not an answer.

I'm serious explain

1. cjhunsinger profile image71
      cjhunsingerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Aliens who have the intellectual and technological capacity to get here would not need to abduct you. They would have the where-with-all to know who and what you are from a great distance. And in all probability be better equipped to expalin wind than you.
      Wind would be fairly common on other worlds, as a planets rotation is the primary cause in the movement of air (atmosphere) and we now have evidence to that.
      Wind exists and can be measured and even predicted, as a common weather report will demonstrate.
      Gods however, are a different matter, but if you choose to believe that one exists, then it exists. That wind exists is provable, gods are not and are, simply, a matter of what one wants to believe.
      Are you trying to prove that a god exists to yourself or others?

1. 0
        Deborah Sextonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

My point isn't about aliens, in fact it doesn't matter even a little bit

It's a simple concept

Convince anyone who knows nothing about wind, that wind exists, nothing more, nothing less

We're not here to talk about God, but wind
        You've said nothing to convince me wind exists, and I already know it does. If you haven't influenced me, how will you ever convince someone that has never heard of wind

So far all you've expressed is wind, but you haven't convinced me of anything
        Why you added all that extraneous info, beats me

1. cjhunsinger profile image71
          cjhunsingerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

First you must find someone who has never experienced wind. Perhaps, it would be easier to find someone who has never tasted chocolate or smoked a cigarette.
          The answer is, you cannot explain such things, they have to be experienced.

1. 0
            Deborah Sextonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I've already said that in each of my comments here, that's why I used an alien, because everyone on earth is very aware of wind, and the air we breathe
            Please contribute to the topic which is convincing someone that wind exists ???

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything
            This thread is for those who will attempt to convince someone who knows nothing of WIND, that it exists, it's not about aliens, god, technology, or chocolate, just wind