jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Banned or restricted users

1. mishpat profile image62
    mishpatposted 2 years ago

Looking for information regarding who and how one gets "banned" and what it means.

I see user names disappears from the pages for days on end, the resurface.  Presently, there are a couple of names that "troll" into debates quite often, but of late they are totally absent.   I see folks talking about being banned for comments.

Can someone fill me in on what this is all about?  Is there a HubPages site/address that has all the details?  If one is banned are they notified directly?  Will HP give reasons for the banning?  How long can one be banned?  Is there a written criteria somewhere for review? Is there an appeal process?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not an expert, but...

Banning is for ignoring the rules.  Personal attacks, spam, etc.  It can be for a few days to forever, and from the forums or from HP completely.  As far as I know there is no appeal.  You will be notified.  Check the learning center for more information.

1. mishpat profile image62
        mishpatposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  Is it just me or do you notice some "familiar" names missing the last week or 2?

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yep.  Several have suddenly disappeared, including one or two known (or assumed) to have used several pseudo names and accounts in the past.

working