Has Noah's Ark Been Found?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

No matter who you are, your ancestry is traced from Noah and his wife.  This is where your family tree begins.  Could this be Noah's Ark?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iycpe16V0

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In Noah story there would have to be 4 times the mass of salt water of what is on the surface of the earth today, in order to reach the highest mountain. Mix salt water with fresh water and it would kill every living thing on earth and much of the sea life also. When Noah Ark reaches land again there would be no food or tree to eat or build with.

Noah would probably feed the Ark wood to the animals and only if there were any wood left over he would build a house for his Family security, If his family has not already been eaten by the animals

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

At the rate of rainfall claimed, there won't be any topsoil left, either - it will all be at the bottom of the sea.  No plant life for thousands of years, then.

God said, he gave every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth.

Where did Noah plant seeds without the animal eating him first with the seeds. After all, the predator was converted back to meat eaters when they landed. There is hundreds of reason why Noah’s story dose not float. Yet about 1/3 of the world believes creationism under some monotheist God existed. About 50% to 80% of the population believes in evolution in some form.

About 4300 years ago 8,000 animals of kinds on the Ark grew to millions of species today. No miracle happened wail this event would have been the most important transition ever to happen on earth. About 16 percent of dinosaur excess of ten tons and many animals had Special Diets and they don’t know where they stored the Doop. Hundred of humans have died attempting to climb Mount Everest from altitude sickness, freezing temperatures; exhaustion from pressure. Yet Noah animal escaped this death zone again without miracles.

All done without miracles, without evolution afterwards, making it the greatest BS story ever told next to the Bible it’s self, since God gave us everything.

I don't recall Noah stocking seeds to take with him, and after months of sitting under miles of water, and pressures measured in tons per square inch, there weren't any seeds to plant anyway.  Maybe he collected some from the tons of dung produced each day during the months by the animals of the ark?  Carefully sifting through it before daily shoveling cubic yards over the side?

There  you go
              soil and seeds.

Anyone out there with some wholy imagination  to help with the Ark's science concept?

1. Sed-me profile image80
                Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I remember when you barely spoke English, then when Radman went off the air, your English grew by leaps and bounds. Nice job.

Thanks.
                  It,s more
                  of the writing part.

1. Sed-me profile image80
                    Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah.

2. jacharless profile image74
              jacharlessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

According to the information, the torrent lasted 40 days/nights. Afterward it took 3 YEARS for the waters to fully recede. This is exemplified by the going and returning of a bird or birds. Multiple times until they no longer returned, indicating dry land and nesting trees were now available.

Now, knowing botany as I do from being in the food industry, can say that seeds are some f-ing amazing things of nature. Not only can they withstand years without sunlight, but also extreme temperature and moisture changes (water and drought). Therefore, the time-table provided does line up with the biological ability of seeds to remain dormant until the proper atmosphere exists for germination and growth.

What I find interesting about the story is: the first thing Noah did upon exiting the vessel was to plant a vineyard. Dude was like, "Oy vey, after three years of that I need a drink!"  It takes just 84 days to grow grapes -seed to harvest, and then at least a month of fermentation -for white wine, 12 months for red wine.

As for the location of the vessel, if adrift for even a day in a torrent or hurricane, a typical boat can be moved hundreds of miles from its origin, nevermind three years adrift at sea with no steerage. Who knows where the vessel went or came to rest. But it would be interesting to find out, based on currents of the time, where it travelled and came to land.

With all the mature noah had to work. They all could have gotten high on mushroom.
                Like the church kept in the dark feeding on boop.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
                Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

From the time rain began to fall until the family left the ark was one year and 10 days. (Genesis 7 – 8)

2. Writer Fox profile image31

70% of the earth is covered with water.  A vast reserve of water is locked in glaciers and an amount greater than all surface oceans is locked within the planet itself: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … z2vqgBWRHZ

Salt water is heavier than fresh water, and would sink to lower depths when mixed.  Even so, marine creatures account for more than 95% of the fossil record. Whale fossils are found in the sands of the Sahara Desert, the largest non-polar desert in the world. In the foothills of the Himalayas, whale fossils were found in a layer of sediments clearly associated with marine animals rather than freshwater species. The peaks of the Himalayas are covered with fossils of marine life.

1. jacharless profile image74
          jacharlessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1.

At the tops of the highest peaks, like Mount Everest, it is possible to find 400-million-year-old fossils of sea creatures and shells that were deposited at the bottoms of shallow tropical seas that are now over 25,000 feet above sea level.Europe was a closer to Africa just 20 million years ago , and India was at an earlier stage of slamming into Asia. The climate was a little warmer than today,

Mammals were the size possum a 100 millions years ago. The first whales evolved over 50 million years ago, and the ancestor of ... From the outside, they don't look much like whales at all. ... This is because whales evolved from walking land mammals whose backbones did not naturally bend ... These ancient whales evolved over 40 million years ago.

2. Marie Flint profile image72
      Marie Flintposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have heard that Noah's Ark had been found and that it was real before watching this video. I also watched Bill Nye's refutation that such an ark was impossible. Living in a three-dimensional world, we are prone to discard anything that doesn't fit within those three dimensions. Looking at the phenomenon from another perspective, perhaps Arafat was not as high prior to the flood and rose up as part of the earth's shifting tectonic plates during the flood. If anything is possible with God, there is no reason that He could not have given special protection to Noah, his family, and the animals until He was satisfied with his cleaning job. The specifications and materials found are more than coincidence. ~~~

Would that make God rewards supernatural and people who obey him are super human being.

For Noah was 9 feet tall
        and was 600 years old.
        Then to handle all the World's animal and plants he had to be superman, not really a human at all.

3. Jomine Jose profile image72
      Jomine Joseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Soon they will find Noah too, good business you know!

They claim to have found several gaints from the scale of 16 feet tall to the size of a football field.

God knows what they will make up next:-)z

1. Team Wiseman profile image80
          Team Wisemanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So, let me guess, you probably believe the Neanderthal Skull is a real human skull?
          It seems to be that man follows man, rather than a Holy God because they run from His ways.

4. Team Wiseman profile image80
      Team Wisemanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I believe that it is possible that this is the Ark spoken of in the Bible. Mans logic, as you see here, can't conceive the ark experience as a real occurrence. Well, I do believe! God is more than able and I'm thankful He didn't just leave us or forsake us... even though He knew some would still resist Him. That's a Real Loving God!

5. speer138 profile image60
      speer138posted 9 years agoin reply to this

i didnt watch the whole video. i do find it highly unlikely that a wooden ship would survive thousands of years though.

I think there is enough proof found of boats older than the Ark, just not anything of this scale.

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 9 years ago

They're never going to find Noah's, Tower of Babylon or the Arc of the Convenient ! Why? Because they never interested the first place! For those mentally lazy individuals that have a hard time distinguishing fact form fiction, these stories are metaphors. A metaphor is a figure of speech that identifies one thing as being the same as some unrelated other thing 30 minutes of research will debunk all those BS stories and you'll find out that the Biblical Genesis (written in 600 BC)is a rip-off from the much earlier (2,000+ years earlier) Sumerian Euridu Genesis. The Egyptians never heard of an earth covering flood and neither has any other cultures existing at the time. The Egyptians never heard of Moses and the Babylonians never built a huge tower! God (Yahwah) was one of 30+ gods worshiped by the Canaanites. So out of the 1,200+ gods worshiped through out the Middle East, your god is real while all the others are made up rubbish! Good one. One last thing. The Easter Bunny and Santa aren't real either. But I don't know about Spider-man and Superman because I have DVDs and books that say they exist!

I take it that you didn't watch the video: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/128001#post2697163

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
        Paul Wingertposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I take it that you didn't read what I wrote. I watched the video and the stupidity used  in the excuses they used to explain that myth hurts.  Dean Stockwell said at the beginning. ",,,a story that every school chid knows..." but unfortunately some go on to believe as truth. So sad in this day and age. That mock documentary was as bad as the one shown on the reality of mermaids that was shown a few months back. Here again  we have a case where we have a the issue of determining fact from fiction. You do know that there are videos and webpages that are on the internet that are not real, right.  We are not embeds and our ancestry is not traced from Noah and his wife. Sorry, physical evidence and DNA says something completely different.

There is a lot of evidence using DNA that supports the family tree of humanity descending from three couples: http://goo.gl/G8BqZF

Hmm.  Wonder how Noah's kids got down to Australia to start the aborigines there (or the Americas, for that matter) millenia before those same kids ever lived.  Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

1. profile image0
              SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The Bible tells us how the land in one place, connected together. (Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.)

It also tells us that the land was divided after the flood.  (Gen 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.)

H6389
              פּלג
              peleg
              BDB Definition:
              Peleg = “division”
              1) son of Eber and brother of Joktan

If the land separates. the people on that land move with the land.

And together it was - millions upon millions of years ago.  Long before man existed. 

Are you saying Noah's family moved with the land a billion years before they lived?

Wilderness, if you want to discuss the age of the earth, you should start a new forum thread.  This thread is about an ancient archaeological discovery of the remains of what appears to be a boat in the Mountains of Ararat.

Sorry - was replying to this: "The Bible tells us how the land in one place, connected together." from Sir Dent.  He seems to think it had something to do with the flood millions of years after the "togetherness" ended.

But what does "There is a lot of evidence using DNA that supports the family tree of humanity descending from three couples" have to do with an ancient archaeological discovery any more than Pangaea?

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
                Paul Wingertposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The Babble centers around one small group (Israelites - the chosen ones out of all the other groups) of Semitics within a vast number of other Semitic tribes in and around Mesopotamia in the Bronze Age Middle East. This particular tribe used and altered the ancient Sumerian stories to explain how they came about. These said that their people originated from Adam and Eve who lived in a garden in Eden located between the Tigress and Euphrates Rivers. Hmmm. The exact same place Sumer was located. Yet the Sumerians were there since 10,000 BC but are aren't Semitic. Eden is a Sumerian word meaning vast plain - there was never a garden there or reports of the magical appearance of extra birds, livestock, sea monsters or any giants. Genesis even mentions the existence of the Assyrian Empire (Semitic country bordering north of Sumer. - previously the Semtic  Akkad Empire) while Adam and Eve were being created. So this says the story (in oral form) is no older than 3,500 years. Sorry Bible thumpers, these stories are not and were never meant to be taken as historically accurate. But you you are desperately trying to hang on to these precious fairy stories even though the Jews dismissed them back in the 12th Century. Unless you're a Jew under Babylonian captivity or Roman occupation, these stories mean nothing to you. So grow up!

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

About 12'000 years ago the earths population was 4 million. That 6,000 years before Adam and Eve began according to creation scienceist.

Noah Ark happened 4500 years ago with a restarting population of 8 humans. When studies show world population was 20 million people living on earth at the same
              time.
              About 4000 years ago world Parkpopulation
              was 27 million people.

1. Jomine Jose profile image72
                Jomine Joseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps Noah was a rat!

Na, rats would be too honest to makeup stories like this.

3. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12157027.jpg

Myths are more popular entertainment than real history and science ways of thinking. I'll try to change as much as can of this way of thinking in my artwork.

4. DoubleScorpion profile image78
    DoubleScorpionposted 9 years ago

That video has been debunked already.

I KNEW IT.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)