jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

How do I sculpt an angel when I don’t believe in them?

1. Castlepaloma profile image24
    Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago

Early in my Artist lifestyle built a city of Bethlehem and many people love it yet did not feel honest about it.  Never sculpted anything with war, full nudes, politics, murder or religious in these story telling sculpture, it went all G- rated from then onward.

I accept Religion yet Religion don not accept me. Not bigoted or downing Religion just not for it. Yet a few have proven to not accept me for being : I am what I em's" not Christian first.  Can sculpt a great angel when thinking about the most beautiful creature on earth, a woman. Just do not know if there are real angels, Even in my fantasy sculptures, I know my animals do not really talk and people don't fly, they are just metaphors.

The money is very good for the commission angel. How can I find a middle grounds?

1. speer138 profile image60
      speer138posted 2 years ago in reply to this

i dont see why you have to believe in angels to sculpt one? the great thing about art, is anything goes. thats whats great about it.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

The angel has a long tradition in art, very often being used in a purely figurative or decorative way. I don't think taking part in that implies any personal belief or that angels should they exist would look at all like the winged anglo-saxons they seem to be in art.  Alternatively you could do something that comments on that.

Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

These clients want a winged woman angel. This can be fun, like a winged horse. Need to religious opinion to myself, and go for something romanticism style and think of them- nice couple.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
        Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your assignment is a good excuse to glorify the beauty of the human form. Think of it like this: An angel reveals the light blueprint upon which the human form is based. It is an etheric form...which might be something you could capitalize on in 3D way… Maybe with mirrors or shards of glass even shimmering colors of stained glass…
        You know there are angels! smile

Client do want a shimmering white angel, although they do not have the budget for marble.
          Can make white cement look like marble.

Hey! Just got a contract for the world's largest and tallest hand built snowman.Today!

WOW MAN!!!

...cement snowman or??

No,lo

It must be made of snow to be a record. This will be my 24th world re
              cord between sand, snow and food sculptures.

...trully impressive!

working