How to build a perfect (better) society

1. 60
    Interestiqueposted 16 months ago

I am in no way suggesting I have the solution to a better society. Rather I'm open to hearing ideas of what others have to say and building on them. Few notable topics I think are pivotal: Environment, Power/Profit and our "drive" to advance.

Irrefutably our environment has taken a turn for the worse. Droughts, CO2 emissions (greenhouse gases), destruction of natural habitats (coral reef, forests, ocean,etc.), nuclear radiation are just few catastrophes that plauge us today. Many of these hands being dealt by profit and power.

I categorize profit and power together because politcians and international corporations work so closely together, becoming undistinguishable at times. For instance lobbyists and regulators often switch positions. They have dealt the crux of the environmental damage through their irresponsible behaviors more often than not out of necessity but greed. And their response or unspoken truth is invariably that they are "driving/motivating" civilization to the next level.

What is our drive? I think our drive should be derived from things that we love to do. I think it would be agreeable to say it should be something inspiring as to make you jump out of bed or cause insomnia due to thoughts racing through your mind. We rarely see this in modern society. Everyone has a sense of droll to them. Uninspired and never having a constant love. All that we love and spend time on today is so often ephemeral (New gadgets, games, apps, tv shows, etc.) And beyond these loves we dedicate the majority of our day to rarely enjoyed work so that we as a civlization we may advance.

But have we advanced? Sure, technology has become unimaginably awesome. We can Skype across the globe, travel all corners and access incessant bodies of knowledge. However, it's arguable whether it has benefitted society. Relationships are less sincere and almost dilluted, the environment around us is literally melting and the full range from the poorest/weakest to the richest/most powerful is analagous to human and god.

In closing an interesting thought from Alexander Tytler:
    Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
    Kathryn L Hillposted 16 months ago

"I think our drive should be derived from things that we love to do. I think it would be agreeable to say it should be something inspiring as to make you jump out of bed!"
    Me Too, Interestique!

We have less freedom today with more restrictions and expectations placed upon us.
    I think that has something to do with it.

Who is happy in jail?
    Maybe those who need boundaries and security.
    We need all three in just the right proportion and for the right reasons:
    Freedom, boundaries, and security are all offered by the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Freedom offers independence and independence is freedom. But the other part of all this is free will… not forced will.
    Who is happy being forced to do anything?

Being forced to work in jail would be hell for any human being.

If the gov't wants to take away our freedom for the sake of forced "equality" and the soft despotism of a social democracy, just say NO!
    and fight really hard against the marxists in our midst who hate America and all it stands for.
    and remember:  In the name of self-government, our budding country fought against long established unlimited power and won. We can never give up. 
    The people of tomorrow depend on us today.