jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What do you know about the Ancient Egyptians?

1. Ta-Iset profile image75
    Ta-Isetposted 15 months ago

I have recently read a book, and saw a documentary about the Ancient Egyptian's, things no one's ever considered before. Scholars have long said that they were primitive. I don't feel that they told the whole story, I also feel that there is much evidence to the contrary. They were much more advanced than us today.

Let's keep this respectful, and clean smile

1. Live to Learn profile image81
      Live to Learnposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Perhaps you could share examples of how much more advanced they were than we are today?

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
        Castlepalomaposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I sculptured a few Egyptian displays in my time. What baffled me most was how they could make materials last for 1000s of years. Today, we can't make resin last much more than a 100 years.

1. Live to Learn profile image81
          Live to Learnposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Well, I thought most of their statues were made of stone or metal. Learn something new everyday.

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
            Paul Wingertposted 15 months ago in reply to this

You need to consider that the resins and other materials found in tombs where pretty much sealed in a dry climate. Many items were brought to Europe and over here to this country only to rapidly deteriorate from the polluted air and moisture. That's why these items are displayed in airtight climate controlled conditions. As far as more advanced than us today, not buying it. Saying the Ancient Egyptians and neighboring Mesopotamia were highly advanced during their time period would be more accurate.

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
              Castlepalomaposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Would say so too.

2. Castlepaloma profile image27
    Castlepalomaposted 15 months ago

I'm very impress with USA  inventions, now to say somethings good.

1 airplane
    2 cell phone
    3 penicillin
    4 gas turbine engine
    5 rocket engine
    6 television
    7 transistor
    8 measles vaccine
    9 personal computer   
    10 internet already has changed civilization the greatest
    11. Photovoltaic solar power - will radically change human civilization over the long-term.
    12. Mobile phone.way
    13. Lithium ion battery.
    14. Rapid genome sequencing.
    15. Fully and rapidly reusable orbital rocketry (still under development by SpaceX).
    16. Lasers - vast number of applications, and rising.LEDs.
    17 Birth: handwashing, ultrasound, epidural, amniocentesis
    18. Disease: antibiotics, germ theory, epidemiology, surgery (subcategories include medical devices, cancer treatment, organ replacement), vaccines
    19 Death: palliative medicine, right to suicide
    20 Old age: increased quality of life due to exercise, social support, more effective treatments of any number of age-related diseases
    21 satellite imagery, weather satellites, climate models, earthquake damage models, earthquake resistant construction
    22. Socket wrench.
    23. Container shipping.
    24. Genetically modified organisms.
    25. Artificial intelligence.
    26. Robots.
    27. Satellites.
    28. Mega wind turbines
    29 Ideas to Impact: Recycling Liquid Petroleum Gas Cylinders Access to safe, clean and reliable
    30 sources of energy has a significant impact on health, quality of life, education and economic product