1. The world is round and thus it doesn't have any edge - so to speak. The only edge is the blue sky and the limitless emptiness
2. We are all closer than we 'think' we are
3. Maybe we are all living like in different rooms of the same house - having separate exit doors for each room so that we never get to see each other - and become aware our closeness
4. Life is as good as it was from day one
5. Our task is to become aware of the objective that we are constantly suppressing
6. The only future we get is the one we make
7. The most intelligent thing we can do is to pray for criminals
8. It's mainly attitude which changes
What use is prayer? It hasn't ever been shown to do anything at all.
Not true. It does a great deal for the emotional outlook and attitude of the one praying, and may do the same for the one being prayed for if they know of it.
"And patients who knew they were being prayed for had a higher rate of post-operative complications like abnormal heart rhythms, perhaps because of the expectations the prayers created, the researchers suggested."
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/healt … l&_r=0
And this isn't the only study I've read where prayer was actually worse for the one's being prayed for.
Prayer has no effect on the external world. You’ll get the same results praying to Elvis. Praying takes balls! You’re basically telling an omnipotent, omniscient god, who has a history of petulance and mass murder, that his plan is wrong and needs changing! Maybe it would be safer for you if your god weren’t real?
God hears every prayer and answers them all, in time. Sometimes not until your next life. Unless you don't need to come back.
Criminals need our prayers. and love. and help. and jails.
by Rudra8 years ago
Have you had a sick relative or a loved one on the verge of leaving for good and you prayed for them, and it got answered?A scientist took 2 cultures of bacteria and prayed for one of them. To his surprise the scientist...
by God shet17 months ago
1. Sometimes we may need to shift our medium completely. Not changing one's attitude from 'rock' - to 'pop' - or later on, to 'instrumental'. But sometimes we may realize that we need a radically new medium to be in, to...
by TahoeDoc5 years ago
Can you really change God's mind? If yes, then what does that say about God? If not, then why do it? And why ask others to pray for you or for someone who is perceived to be in need of prayer? I have asked this question...
by Faith Reaper4 years ago
I do not know if this is a proper way to address this, but I am making a plea for a call to prayer for all those affected in this most dangerous storm's path (many here on HP, our friends, i.e., Colin a.k.a. Epigramman,...
by Dr Freddie Haddox4 years ago
Does have faith help us to get a cure, while all the healing is going on? Does prayer helps the healing go faster, or more effectively? Is prayer doing something or doing nothing to help us get a cure from the healing...
by Solaras16 months ago
Sorry if this has been discussed already ad nauseam (I was out of town a bit), but I was experiencing an uptick on several sites following the rollout of Panda 4.2, that seems to have been eradicated on August 14,...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.